Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
You keep saying this and you're just wrong imo. Certainly wouldn't be shocked if the Saints beat them because NO is still one of the better teams in football but so is Atlanta and they aren't overrated.

Well that's your opinion. I have mine.

The Falcons are a solid team. But are you seriously afraid to play them as a Bears fan? Are you afraid of going into Atlanta and playing them in the NFC Championship game? I would much rather play them than the Saints or the Eagles or the Giants or the Packers, even.

Atlanta averages 5.2 yards per play against teams that would combine to allow 5.4 yards per play to an average team, meaning, Atlanta actually averages fewer yards per play than the average of the rest of the teams that have played the same defenses as them. Meanwhile, they have allowed 5.8 yards per play to teams that would combine to average 5.2 yards per play against an average defense. The Falcons are +11 in turnover margin, and 7-1 in games decided by 7 points or less. They should honestly probably be 9-5 or 10-4 instead of 12-2. There's nothing wrong with the fact that they have fared well in turnovers and close games, but they just aren't as good as their record indicates, nor as the #1 seed in the NFC is in most years.

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 26, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)
The Falcons are a solid team. But are you seriously afraid to play them as a Bears fan? Are you afraid of going into Atlanta and playing them in the NFC Championship game? I would much rather play them than the Saints or the Eagles or the Giants or the Packers, even.

I agree with this 100%.

This has to be the worst season of any NFL franchise in NFL history. There have been bad teams, but look at what the Vikings have gone through: Favre's "retirement", sexting, team played badly, coach fired, Favre injured, dome collapse, relocation outdoors, game moved to Tuesday.