Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brady and Quinn were traded to the Broncos today for Peyton Hillis and picks(guessing the Bears pick).

So the Delhomme era officially begins in Cleveland. Holmgren, wtf are you doing. Wallace and Delhomme as opposed to (anyone) and Quinn? Are you f***ing nuts?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Brady and Quinn were traded to the Broncos today for Peyton Hillis and picks(guessing the Bears pick).

Nope. The Bears gave up a first round pick. The Broncos traded away a 6th round pick in 2011 and a conditional 2012 pick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Nope. The Bears gave up a first round pick. The Broncos traded away a 6th round pick in 2011 and a conditional 2012 pick.

Wow. That's a steal for McDaniels.

Quinn can be a good QB, probably better than Orton.

I'd rather have given up a 6th rounder and conditional pick for Quinn than what Cutler cost.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Wow. That's a steal for McDaniels.

Quinn can be a good QB, probably better than Orton.

I'd rather have given up a 6th rounder and conditional pick for Quinn than what Cutler cost.

Quinn is terrible and will never amount to anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
Quinn is terrible and will never amount to anything.

The man has never gotten a real chance.

He was clipboard monkey his rookie year while other 1st rounders were getting their brains beat in. His second year he was on the Cleveland QB carousel, only got in 3 games, and never got a chance to take his lumps and learn. Last year he finally got in and got hurt, on a piss poor O-Line team he still managed more TDs than Ints.

He's essentially a 4th year guy with maybe 3/4s of a season of NFL experience under his belt. Plus Denver's offense is a Patriots/Weis/ND offense that Quinn already knows and is comfortable with.

I expect a good season from him if he wins the starting job over Orton.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
The man has never gotten a real chance.

He was clipboard monkey his rookie year while other 1st rounders were getting their brains beat in. His second year he was on the Cleveland QB carousel, only got in 3 games, and never got a chance to take his lumps and learn. Last year he finally got in and got hurt, on a piss poor O-Line team he still managed more TDs than Ints.

He's essentially a 4th year guy with maybe 3/4s of a season of NFL experience under his belt. Plus Denver's offense is a Patriots/Weis/ND offense that Quinn already knows and is comfortable with.

I expect a good season from him if he wins the starting job over Orton.

Yeah, I understand that reasonable minds can disagree.

I should have prefaced my post with IMHO.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
I don't know why they won't give DJ Moore a shot who would probably be equally as good as Jennings.

Agreed. I was a big fan of Moore at Vanderbilt and he always impressed when they played the Vols. I thought he was a major sleeper going into last year's draft even before the Bears got him.

New overtime rules passed for the playoffs. Touchdown is the only way it can be won on the first possession. If there is a field goal, the other team gets a possession to try and tie it up or win it. I like it enough, though I still think that you need to shut the other team down from scoring period if you get a chance...just always been my thought.

If they approve the same set of rules for the regular season in May, they need to consider doing away with ties all together and then go until someone wins.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
If they approve the same set of rules for the regular season in May, they need to consider doing away with ties all together and then go until someone wins.

I have no problem with regular season ties.

it will be very interesting to see what happens if a team already gave up the 3 points in OT, and are on their own 3 yard line with a 4th and goal

do they go for it to try to score to win it or kick the FG? i'd imagine if they are on the 3 theyd go for it...but what if they are on their own 25?

certainly you will see some coaches making some interesting calls, at least until they kind of get a feel for how this should be played

Why is Tim Tebow considered a running QB? Because he ran a lot in college?

It's honestly just something I've been wondering about. He isn't like a freak athletically in regards to his pure speed, and, though he's big, he doesn't really do anything to make defenders miss.

There's an article on Deadspin that talks about how Belichick would covet him because of all that he could do with him. Sure, he can move around and would be able to avoid most rushes, but it's not like they're putting Ronnie Brown or even Michael Vick in the wildcat, they're putting a guy who pans out as pretty much a tight end who can throw. I could see it being sneaky from the vantage point of him running the same offense he did in college (not meaning the spread, but rather looking for one route, and if it doesn't open, run), but NFL defenses are exponentially faster and bigger than college defenses, and I think it's entirely possible he could get stuffed rather easily in a situation like that.

I'm actually a guy that really likes Tebow and I think he can be an average NFL QB who the HEART OF A CHAMPION, but to consider him as a true wild cat QB? I dunno about that, I think the Patriots would be better off using Edelman as a wildcat option.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Why is Tim Tebow considered a running QB? Because he ran a lot in college?

It's honestly just something I've been wondering about. He isn't like a freak athletically in regards to his pure speed, and, though he's big, he doesn't really do anything to make defenders miss.

There's an article on Deadspin that talks about how Belichick would covet him because of all that he could do with him. Sure, he can move around and would be able to avoid most rushes, but it's not like they're putting Ronnie Brown or even Michael Vick in the wildcat, they're putting a guy who pans out as pretty much a tight end who can throw. I could see it being sneaky from the vantage point of him running the same offense he did in college (not meaning the spread, but rather looking for one route, and if it doesn't open, run), but NFL defenses are exponentially faster and bigger than college defenses, and I think it's entirely possible he could get stuffed rather easily in a situation like that.

I'm actually a guy that really likes Tebow and I think he can be an average NFL QB who the HEART OF A CHAMPION, but to consider him as a true wild cat QB? I dunno about that, I think the Patriots would be better off using Edelman as a wildcat option.

I absolutely hate Tebow...can't stand the guy, but he is a very good athlete.....At the combine his 3 cone drill and 60 yard shuttle was better than any RB who performed, and his verticle jump and 20 yd shuttle would put him in top 5 of RBs.....the one that matters most (40 yd dash) he can't keep up with the RBs, but a 4.72 isn't all that much slower than RBs who will get drafted....

then you start to combine all of that with his ability to throw the ball and you have a guy who can be used in alot of different ways. I personally don't think he can be strictly a QB, or strictly a RB (probably a FB or TE assuming he can catch).....but if you have a team who uses those wrinkles in their offense and likes that kind of stuff I can see where he would be attractive....that role is still probably not worthy of higher than 3rd round pick, but maybe teams believe he can play every down at 1 position.

I love the story Kaplan gave yesterday on CTL about Tebow (true story too). When they were taking the wonderlic test, the instructor(s) gave them their set times, how many questions are on the test, etc.. and asked if anyone had any questions raise their hand. Tebow raised his hand and asked, can we get alittle prayer going first, and another player said "why don't you go **** yourself" and everyone started laughing.

You are not allowed to hate Tebow, he walks on water and his blood is wine ya know.

Edited by SoxAce