Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
So the cops "accidently" recorded over surveillance video of Big ben and his accuser at the club that night. Barney Fife working there?

Somebody's getting season tickets...!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Supposedly it was the night owner. He saw the tape, said he couldn't really extract much from it other that they were both present(girl and Roth) because it was in black and white, and then he was going to give it to the authorities, but it was DVR'd over. Now, normally, that does happen. Security tapes are kept for a week and if nothing happens and nothing is reported, they are recorded over on the 8th day.

So the maddening question is, Why would the club owner allow the system to record over that portion(you can stop it manually if you need to keep evidence), and also, why couldn't he give it to the police within those 7 days? It's not like the girl reported it 2 weeks afterwards. IIRC, it was reported minutes after it happened. The club owner got bought big time and Big Ben is off the hook. SMH.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
New overtime rules passed for the playoffs. Touchdown is the only way it can be won on the first possession. If there is a field goal, the other team gets a possession to try and tie it up or win it. I like it enough, though I still think that you need to shut the other team down from scoring period if you get a chance...just always been my thought.

If they approve the same set of rules for the regular season in May, they need to consider doing away with ties all together and then go until someone wins.

I always thought the old rules were cheesy as hell. Patriots' OT wins, etc. It's like it's completely based on luck.

JaMarcus Russell reportedly weighed in at 290 pounds when he reported for the Raiders' offseason program.

So Oakland can scratch left tackle off its list of needs. Russell was initially reported to weigh 271, but many close to the situation immediately doubted that report. Russell, annually and incredibly overweight, isn't doing anything to shed his emerging label as the biggest bust in NFL history. Mar. 26 - 9:00 pm et

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
JaMarcus Russell reportedly weighed in at 290 pounds when he reported for the Raiders' offseason program.

So Oakland can scratch left tackle off its list of needs. Russell was initially reported to weigh 271, but many close to the situation immediately doubted that report. Russell, annually and incredibly overweight, isn't doing anything to shed his emerging label as the biggest bust in NFL history. Mar. 26 - 9:00 pm et

Cut him and get it over with.

Sweet Jesus! That's like CC Sabathia sized

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)

My god.. all that talent. I would kill to have his abilities, as I probably would already be damn good in this league. I didn't think anyone would surpass Ryan Leaf as one of the biggest top 3 bust. This guy might destroy that.

:o

Wow, just wow.

Its amazing how lazy some people can become.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
My god.. all that talent. I would kill to have his abilities, as I probably would already be damn good in this league. I didn't think anyone would surpass Ryan Leaf as one of the biggest top 3 bust. This guy might destroy that.

Any idea how much guaranteed money is left in that deal?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
The funny thing about JaMarcus Russell is that just one month ago a Raiders rep was raving about how hard he has worked in the offseason

It takes effort eating those twinkies.

JaMarcus don't care if he gets cut. I guarantee he'll be broke and bankrupt within the next 5 years. He's not only stupid when it comes to his NFL career, but he's also stupid in terms of how he spends his money. Making stupid personalized diamond incrusted chains like every week, buying a private jet, and hiring modeling photographers for pictures of him in front of his jet with his fur coats.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
He had better get a long ass contract extension out of it, because it will end his career.

Well, you do have to admit, that's an offense with some weapons, if you put someone with talent in at the organizing position.

I think it would take a lot more than adding McNabb to make the Raiders good. They have been the Redskins of the AFC, throwing money around aimlessly with no rhyme or reason, no cohesion, no idea of where they are going.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)
Well, you do have to admit, that's an offense with some weapons, if you put someone with talent in at the organizing position.

They have a few talented guys, but overall their OL and WR's are below average. I would not want to play behind that line unless they grab an elite OL at #8. With Al, they will probably take Taylor Mays in the first and Bruce Campbell in the 2nd.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)
I think it would take a lot more than adding McNabb to make the Raiders good. They have been the Redskins of the AFC, throwing money around aimlessly with no rhyme or reason, no cohesion, no idea of where they are going.

Perfect comparison. Some teams can take a world of talent and turn it into s***. The Raiders are embodiment of this team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
Perfect comparison. Some teams can take a world of talent and turn it into s***. The Raiders are embodiment of this team.

I feel like the Redskins dump a bunch of money on people with no plan and have it blow up repeatedly. I feel like the raiders dump money on people in a deliberate effort to end those players careers. Doesn't it have to be on purpose at this point with them?