2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
Yeah, that does suck because that means all our prospects will probably be gone by then. I really want to see what they think of Mitchell, Flowers, ect.

I'm sure them being away from camp doesn't mean that they still can't be discussed...

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
Charles Leesman is also a Non Roster invite. I wonder if with a good ST he gets sent up to AA this year. JPN have you seen him pitch? He is known to have a good fastball but I wonder how his complimentary pitches are coming along?

58 BB's in 154.2 innings. HMM a bit high but we will see.

The organization seems very high on Leesman. The Trib today had a blurb stating that Leesman would be starting against the Cubs, in the first spring training game between the two teams.

In recent news, Viciedo will play 1B during most spring.

Rios is resting a shore shoulder, nothing major but will be mostly DH'ing during the first few games.

Danks brothers together in the same lineup for the first time since high school in 2003.

Lineup for tomorrow:

Pierre

Beckham

AJ

Jones

Teahen

Ramirez

Kotsay

Viciedo

Danks

Danks

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 01:21 PM)
This is per Merkin:

Saturday: Hudson, Torres, Leesman (look forward to that), Aquino, Santeliz and Threets

Sunday: Peavy, Cabrera, Williams, Santos, Luis, Braun, Thornton

Is the Saturday game on TV? That's a pitching lineup I'd love to watch, lots of interesting ones in there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Is the Saturday game on TV? That's a pitching lineup I'd love to watch, lots of interesting ones in there.

Assuming those are the pitchers that will be facing the Cubs (and not he Dodgers, it's a split squad day) then yeah, it'll be on WGN as a Cubs broadcast.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
In fact are any games on TV or web?

Can I just get MLB.TV for one month and watch the spring training games, since all the regular season games are blacked out? (talking about the White Sox games)

The Sox are doing something like 10 more free whitesox.com exclusive broadcasts again this year, the first game is actually tomorrow.

Holy crap Greg Walker is insane.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,4628458.story

Walker believes the Sox received a sampling last year of how the "small ball" style worked.

"We had Scott Podsednik running up and slapping the ball on the ground," Walker said. "We had just as much fun with that as we do with a guy who is going to hit 30-40 home runs."

Infield singles? Just as fun as instant runs.