Films Thread

knightni

It's old though. I remember when the trilogy was first released on DVD I watched all the special features(only time I've ever done that for any movie). Stoltz was originally in it, but they just weren't feeling his performance at all. They got Michael J Fox to do it even though he was working on several other projects at the time. He was working something like 20 our of 24 hours in the day or something crazy like that.

BTW, the hoverboard was real. Last, but not least, the DeLorean being a time machine was not the original plan. First they were going to have a nuclear site. All in all, there was a bunch of fun facts on those DVD's.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
It's old though. I remember when the trilogy was first released on DVD I watched all the special features(only time I've ever done that for any movie). Stoltz was originally in it, but they just weren't feeling his performance at all. They got Michael J Fox to do it even though he was working on several other projects at the time. He was working something like 20 our of 24 hours in the day or something crazy like that.

BTW, the hoverboard was real. Last, but not least, the DeLorean being a time machine was not the original plan. First they were going to have a nuclear site. All in all, there was a bunch of fun facts on those DVD's.

The hoverboard was NOT real, but you may of been sarcastic.

They also thought about using a refridgerator but Speilberg didn't want kids mimicing the movie and getting stuck in em.

And again, can't wait for the Blu Ray!!!

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/hoverboard.asp

lol you fell for it too

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
The hoverboard was NOT real, but you may of been sarcastic.

They also thought about using a refridgerator but Speilberg didn't want kids mimicing the movie and getting stuck in em.

And again, can't wait for the Blu Ray!!!

That was a good call by Spielberg, pretty damn responsible.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
I've heard nothing good about that film.

It was super intense. Had to remind myself to breath a couple of times. I'd be interested to hear what criticisms people have of it. Very cool things with lighting.

Odd casting Ryan Reynolds but he was very good.

Edited by Brian

Main actors for "The Hobbit" announced.

The studios behind The Hobbit officially confirmed Thursday that British actor Martin Freeman will be playing the titular Shire hero, Bilbo Baggins, in Jackson's two-part Lord of the Rings prequel.

"Despite the various rumours and speculation surrounding this role, there has only ever been one Bilbo Baggins for us," Jackson said in a statement.

But Bilbo isn't going it alone in today's casting news. MGM, New Line and Warner Bros. also rolled out a roster of actors who will be playing the hobbit's comrades in treasure hunting and Smaug slaying...

Brit Richard Armitage, who presumably will be seen in Captain America: The First Avenger long before The Hobbit's journey concludes, has signed on to play Thorin Oakenshield, head of the company of dwarves who are off to recapture his lost inheritance.

Rounding out the troop are Aidan Turner and Rob Kazinsky as Kili and Fili; Graham McTavish as Dwalin; John Callen as Oin; Stephen Hunter as Bombur; Mark Hadlow as Dori; and Peter Hambleton as Gloin. (You never know which one of them is going to be the next Dominic Monaghan!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
Martin Freeman is and has always been the perfect guy to play Biblo. I'm very excited to see things finally kicking into place for The Hobbit.

I didn't know who he was by his name and recognized him after looking him up. He definitely has the look.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Just tried watching Boondock Saints II. Turned it off after 22:30. I tend to enjoy brainless action movies, but this was beyond awful. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever tried to watch.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
Boondock Saints II was really bad, but not a good bad like the first one

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Just tried watching Boondock Saints II. Turned it off after 22:30. I tend to enjoy brainless action movies, but this was beyond awful. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever tried to watch.

I don't want to see it at all.

Saw Hereafter last night, though. It was pretty good. I can't say it was great, but maybe I just expect too much from Eastwood anymore. For a two-hour movie, it really flew by.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
Saw Hereafter last night, though. It was pretty good. I can't say it was great, but maybe I just expect too much from Eastwood anymore. For a two-hour movie, it really flew by.

I thought it was decent too. Definitely not great. Matt Damon was very good, as was the beautiful French actress. I didn't much care for the ending.