Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:14 AM)
Jennifer's Body could not have been far behind...

The only good thing about that movie was Megan Fox kissing Amanda Seyfried.

Looking forward to checking out Green Zone. I'm a big fan of the Bourne Trilogy, and you've got Damon and Paul Greengrass directing.

No doubt there'll be plenty of Hurt Locker vs. Green Zone comparisons I'm guessing.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 08:04 AM)
No doubt there'll be plenty of Hurt Locker vs. Green Zone comparisons I'm guessing.

If it's anything like one of the Bourne movies than I'd doubt that. Hurt Locker was not like any of those.

I finally got around to watching Public Enemies last night. I don't think it was a great movie, but I enjoyed it enough. Certainly worth watching if you haven't seen it, although I don't think it lived up to the hype I had heard.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
The guy is a great actor, period.

Yeah I should of said that too.

I really wanted Weaving to play Sinestro in the Green Lantern. Not that I dislike Mark Strong, but I think Weaving could of been better

SPOILERS:

The ending of this movie gets a 4/4 alone- Once it becomes clear Africa is the most hospitable land-mass for human beings the seemingly benevolent arcs that saved Western Civilization (I guess Japan and China too) turn into the three largest aircraft carriers ever and blackhawk helicopters start whizzing around. So perfectly awesome, all Africa has to do is become kinda useful and were conquering that s*** not 30 days after the world pretty much ended.

Seen Green Zone last night. Decent war flick but we already know the song and dance of Iraq so there was nothing new you are going to see in that movie.

Note: Go to goldclasscinemas.com. The Bolingbrook location is unbelievable, had a more comfortable lazy boy chair than what I have at home.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
A couple of people told me to watch the movie Bronson. I didn't like it at all. I found it really boring.

Wow, my brother had me get that for him on netflix. I watched it before I gave it to him the other day. I didn't even think anyone else had heard of it. And agreed.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 09:36 AM)
I saw Where the Wilds Things Are last night, and the tone of the movie surprised me. I liked it a lot, but the way it was presented was very....tense for lack of a better word.

Yeah, despite the fact that I think the film totally missed the point of Sendak's masterpiece, I do think teh film succeeds on a lot of other levels.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 09:03 AM)
Yeah, despite the fact that I think the film totally missed the point of Sendak's masterpiece, I do think teh film succeeds on a lot of other levels.

I dont think the film totally missed the point of Sendaks book, I think it expanded on it and made the story slightly different so that a 10 page childrens book can be told in a 1 1/2 hour film.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
I dont think the film totally missed the point of Sendaks book, I think it expanded on it and made the story slightly different so that a 10 page childrens book can be told in a 1 1/2 hour film.

My take is, I think the filmmakers got the message wrong as far as emphasizing Max as being a liar (among other things), and having all of the Wild Things embody many of the more base traits of humanity. In contrast, Sendak's emphasis was on the power of childhood imagination and the innocence of youth.

Again though, I did like the film in and of itself.