Oney Resigns; Tweets cause Sox soap opera

Marty34

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...on-resigns.html

Something about this rings hollow. If there was all this hostility between KW and Ozzie I don't think there is any way in the world JR would give the go-ahead for MLB to do a show about the Sox front office. Could this drama be staged for the TV cameras?

Edited by Marty34

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)

Something about this rings hollow. If there was all this between KW and Ozzie I don't think there is any way in the world JR would give the go-ahead for MLB to do a show about the Sox front office. Could this drama be staged for the TV cameras?

Oney is a spoiled brat who would probably be hawking Streetwise if his name was Oney Smith. He shouldn't be using Twitter for White Sox stuff, especially as a low level employee. When he pops off about non baseball people, maybe he ought to look at his own performance as a baseball player. He was awful. He only got that chance because of his last name. Get a real job Oney, then pop off.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
Cowley must be segment producing for the MLB:

he's constantly trying to suggest the rel'ship is fraying. what a stool.

That happens here all the time.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 20, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
he's constantly trying to suggest the rel'ship is fraying. what a stool.

While he is a douche, there is some tension between the two. There was last season. It's nothing that can't be overcome, but if they struggle this year, it will get a lot worse.

It did hit a nerve per his twitter page.

"They hit me where it hurts most and I gotta stay ready for whatever comes my way, like I always have."

Honestly though, firing him isn't going to keep Oney from bumping his gums. Ozzie is probably going to tell him what's going on with the team and if anything, now that Oney is not employed by the White Sox, he's going to probably put even more of their business out there.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
It did hit a nerve per his twitter page.

"They hit me where it hurts most and I gotta stay ready for whatever comes my way, like I always have."

Honestly though, firing him isn't going to keep Oney from bumping his gums. Ozzie is probably going to tell him what's going on with the team and if anything, now that Oney is not employed by the White Sox, he's going to probably put even more of their business out there.

I really doubt Ozzie is dumb enough to let that happen unless he's trying to get fired.

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
I really doubt Ozzie is dumb enough to let that happen unless he's trying to get fired.

They can't fire him for what his son says. And they would have to have undisputable proof that Ozzie is the one telling him things. For example, to cover Ozzie's butt, Oney could just throw in random wrong stuff as rumors and also mix it in with correct information. Also, JR would never fire Ozzie for bringing him that ring. If anything, he'd just be hurt by it.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
They can't fire him for what his son says. And they would have to have undisputable proof that Ozzie is the one telling him things. For example, to cover Ozzie's butt, Oney could just throw in random wrong stuff as rumors and also mix it in with correct information. Also, JR would never fire Ozzie for bringing him that ring. If anything, he'd just be hurt by it.

Managers in MLB are at-will employees. They can fire him for whatever reason they deem fit or no reason at all. I guarantee they don't need indisputable proof of anything. People get the death penalty for less then indisputable proof.

Cowley and Oney are buds. Look for him to fan this as much as possible.

# Some people need to do their jobs rather than have Big Brother stare at tweets all day and control the information. You know who you are. 12:43 PM Mar 17th via web

# Amen my brother!! 12:42 PM Mar 17th via web

# RT @OneyRoberto: I love it how people are monitoring my tweets like I'm someone important. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion

Those from Cowley

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Cowley and Oney are buds. Look for him to fan this as much as possible.

# Some people need to do their jobs rather than have Big Brother stare at tweets all day and control the information. You know who you are. 12:43 PM Mar 17th via web

Those from Cowley

Its amazing. Twitter can be a wonderful tool. The problem however with twitter is that some people have a hard time with a mental filter that should tell them maybe this information shouldn't be blasted on the internet right away. Think, take a few minutes and then post it after they think. But with Twitter, its instant gratification and that gets people in trouble. They vent, and don't realize that in the twitter-verse things get re-tweeted, and become permanent. Tweet about nonsense and no one cares. Tweet about your company, and specifically insider information about your company and you risk your employment.

Ozzie needs to realize, his son is an adult. He was given a great opportunity based on his fathers name. He screwed it up, and should own up to it like a man.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)

Something about this rings hollow. If there was all this hostility between KW and Ozzie I don't think there is any way in the world JR would give the go-ahead for MLB to do a show about the Sox front office. Could this drama be staged for the TV cameras?

Who gives a f%^&?!

Just WIN GAMES.

How bout deleting the thread. Drug allegations? Not classy. Certainly not worthy of soxtalk. It's not our place to spread rumors about drug use. Bad form. Not classy. Don't believe it. Give Oney a break. Kill that post.

i love ozzie, but my god, the guillens think they are the white sox or something. that the sox will suck forever without them. ozzie is defending him and thats why oney is the way he is, spoiled as hell. lets get the season started and forget all this crap, hope this isnt a continuing spring training trend lol i know its boring but still

Edited by Melissa1334