THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

southsider2k5

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
I wonder where some of those posters have gone. There are some really good posters that haven't posted, or even visited the site, in awhile.

I think my last post was my first in a few months....I haven't had internet since november, and I'm actually

Using my phone.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
I'd compare MBs play to Alexei's play where somehow flipped it to Konerko who caught it barehanded in this play too

Except Buehrle's is better since he had his back to first base when he did it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
We looked dialed in today. A really encouraging start.

Yep. I keep reminding myself that it was the sorry-ass Indians in the visitor's dugout. But, man, the Sox looked like they could've hung with anybody today.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Great start by the pitching for the season. Buehrle's play will definitely be around for a long time.

Rios (despite being robbed of a hit, though he had a homer later) was good all around as well.

The amazing part is that Buehrle was so incredible, no one is talking about Rios's catch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
The amazing part is that Buehrle was so incredible, no one is talking about Rios's catch.

Which would have been a easy double had he, Franklin Gutierrez, Grady Sizemore, (insert great CF here), not been in center.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
Yep. I keep reminding myself that it was the sorry-ass Indians in the visitor's dugout. But, man, the Sox looked like they could've hung with anybody today.

Beat the teams you are supposed to beat....

Just sayin'.

Great day! Andy the Clown would be proud!

Like so many have said, that was a perfect opener. When have we had one THAT perfect?

I mean enough runs and hitting, including the long ball, to please everybody.

Awesome starting pitching and phenomenal eighth inning setup to an overpowering Thornton.

Perhaps what will turn out to be the best defensive play in all of baseball this season and a gem in center by Rios to end the game.

Games like that make me not care about any individual lines in the box score. Who cares who had an 0-fer. What a great team win.

Hopefully we can keep playing excellent baseball like that.

Did anybody see that coming? Such a clean game in the opener? I know the Indians suck, but who cares about that.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)

That's what Rios does. He's an extremely gifted outfielder. I wasn't surprised at all when he made that catch. Anybody still think Andruw Jones is our best defensive OF?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
That's what Rios does. He's an extremely gifted outfielder. I wasn't surprised at all when he made that catch. Anybody still think Andruw Jones is our best defensive OF?

They just did a really interesting piece on Rios on MLBN. They showed some video of this year versus last on his hand position. Apparently he has dropped his starting hand position to cut down on a lot of the excess movement in his swing.