HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
He did a nice job earning those numbers against one of the worst offensive teams in the NHL.

Boston was the worst offensive team and Montreal was in the bottom 7, but his home playoff stats against them were still ridiculous, 3 goals against in 4 games. He gave up 3 goals in each game to the Hawks, which actually isn't awful, but I think the players in front of him playing better at home makes a huge difference as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
did you guys see when Greg said a few pages back that we had an away game jinx? That was fun.

I'ma be at Bottom Lounge Wednesday. f***in s*** up.

That's where I wanna be, but i'm worried about mass amounts of people being everywhere tomorrow.

I heard the other day that when the Hawks logo was originally created, there was only one feather in the cap. They added one after each of the Cups in the 30s, and then added the 4th one in 1961. If they win another hockey game this week, then this would mean they should be adding another one to the logo now too? Does anyone know if this is true or just some BS someone made up?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
That's where I wanna be, but i'm worried about mass amounts of people being everywhere tomorrow.

Theres more than enough space there. I'll party with you guys in the streets on madison if all goes well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
I heard the other day that when the Hawks logo was originally created, there was only one feather in the cap. They added one after each of the Cups in the 30s, and then added the 4th one in 1961. If they win another hockey game this week, then this would mean they should be adding another one to the logo now too? Does anyone know if this is true or just some BS someone made up?

Looks false.

Wikipedia picture of Bobby Hull in 1960 shows there were already 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bobby_Hu...-E002505660.jpg

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
so im thinking there might be a nice party on madison tomorrow

I'm debating if I should go downtown to a bar, or go to a restaurant like Hooters or B dubs (friend want to eat, drink and watch the game) Also depends if we win or not.. Decisions...... :(

Do you guys really think we stand a chance in Game Six?

I just can't see Philly quitting all of a sudden. We never beat them at Wakovia.

I'm hoping but truly do any of you think we stand a reasonable chance?

I think it's similar to Game Five only Philly's way and we gots to go to a Game 7.

How can you think otherwise? Philly isn't all of a sudden going to tank. Philly has been a resilient lot the entire playoffs why stop in Game Six now?

We're going to have to buckle down and win Game 7 in Chicago me thinks.

You??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)

I just can't see Philly quitting all of a sudden. We never beat them at Wakovia.

I think it's similar to Game Five only Philly's way and we gots to go to a Game 7.

How can you think otherwise? Philly isn't all of a sudden going to tank. Philly has been a resilient lot the entire playoffs why stop in Game Six now?

You??

The Hawks are a very good road team. and I think they have an excellent chance. I've thought Hawks in six from the beginning, and I'm standing by it. In fact, I'm making a border run for fireworks today at lunch. :headbang

Under 10 hours til puck drop, starting to get nervous.....

Start of the series, I predicted Hawks in 6, but seeing how well Philly plays in Comcast Country, not as confident in that pick. Should be an exciting game, I really really do not want to go to the UC Friday night, anything can f***ing happen in a Game 7.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
Under 10 hours til puck drop, starting to get nervous.....

Start of the series, I predicted Hawks in 6, but seeing how well Philly plays in Comcast Country

bahaha, what a ridiculous looking sign that is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)

You??

Yes, the Flyers are very resilient. Yes, the Hawks haven't won in Philly since 1996. Yes, Leighton (if he starts) is 6-0 at home and the Flyers are 9-1 at Wachovia.

How about this...How many times do you think the Flyers can come back? It's tiring to always be facing eliminations.

A good portion of those Hawk teams between '96 and now were absolutely HORRIBLE.

The Hawks confused the Flyers in Game 5 with the line changes and Pronger can't be everywhere. I'm not saying this is going to be another 7 goal game...but I could see the Hawks toughing out a 3-2 game. The first 4 games the Flyers were in the heads of the Blackhawks. Now, after game 5...it's the opposite.

I certainly don't know who's going to win...I hope it's the Hawks. But I wouldn't be surprised either way.