NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Well, you all know I would love Anthony Morrow on the Bulls.

As a starting shooting guard? I don't know. He's the best long-range shooter in the league, but his defense and handle are pretty suspect. Still, they need someone who can create space for Rose and Morrow would do that....

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 01:52 AM)
As a starting shooting guard? I don't know. He's the best long-range shooter in the league, but his defense and handle are pretty suspect. Still, they need someone who can create space for Rose and Morrow would do that....

6th man off the bench would be his best role.

My clippers fan friend in SoCal, he's a huge NBA fan: ( He's like Kalapse of the NBA, if I could compare him to a Soxtalk guy, he's a stathead, so I respect his opinion quite a bit)

i would rather have the bulls roster with boozer and a good shooting guard signing than bosh/wade + scraps

regarding anthony morrow

(8:57:21 PM) xxxxxxx: he's good enough to start

(8:57:36 PM) xxxxxxx: he's big enough and long enoug to d it up, he just doesn't really do much else but shoot

(8:57:58 PM) xxxxxxx: generally you want someone more multi-faceted than just being a 3 point shooter

(8:59:20 PM) xxxxxxx: he's just one dimensional and one thing you don't want are your starters to be one dimensional

(9:00:02 PM) xxxxxxx: here's a good article on morrow http://clipperblog.com/2010/07/02/four-free-agents-we-like/

regarding boozer:

(9:01:05 PM) xxxxxxx: boozer is legit

(9:01:18 PM) xxxxxxx: strong as an ox, has a fantastic jumper, awesome post game, great rebounder

(9:01:29 PM) xxxxxxx: he's just not gonna give you much defensively

(9:01:48 PM) xxxxxxx: but i'd rather have him a million times over than amare

Edited by Real

my friend in socal

(9:16:31 PM) xxxxxx: apparently there's some guy on the clipper forums who has a "source"

(9:16:40 PM) xxxxxx: that is convinced lebron is going to the heat

he said it's unlikely his source is legit, just throwing it out there

if miami gets lebron that would be the absolute worst

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
my friend in socal

he said it's unlikely his source is legit, just throwing it out there

if miami gets lebron that would be the absolute worst

As just a basketball fan that team would be incredibly fun to follow. But obviously as a Bulls fan that would suck and I would lose all hope for a championship for the next ten years. By this time tomorrow the Bulls will either be a dynasty in the making or in basketball hell.

Bulls need Anthony Morrow big (assuming no LBJ). He'd be the perfect sixth man. I'd also sign Ronnie Brewer to be our starting 2-guard. Not a great offensive player, but can score efficiently and play solid D which we will need at the guard spot. Also brings nice size. I'd also go for Luke Ridnour for the back-up PG spot to round out the roster along with Asik who is a forgone conclusion as an addition.

Rose/Ridnour

Brewer/Morrow

Deng/Johnson

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Asik

That is a solid group right there who should hopefully grow into a bonafide contender in couple years when Rose becomes hopefully a star.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
So, Morrow sounds like a slightly bigger version of Ben Gordon who can play defense. Is that right?

i'm hearing he isn't fascinating on D and all he can really do is shoot, but he is pretty amazing at what he can do

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:46 AM)
So, Morrow sounds like a slightly bigger version of Ben Gordon who can play defense. Is that right?

Gordon is much better at creating his own shot. Morrow might play better D on a team that focuses on it. He's a great energy player thought with a ton of enthusiasm.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
i'm hearing he isn't fascinating on D and all he can really do is shoot, but he is pretty amazing at what he can do

His 3pt% pretty much tells me he can shoot.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Bulls need Anthony Morrow big (assuming no LBJ). He'd be the perfect sixth man. I'd also sign Ronnie Brewer to be our starting 2-guard. Not a great offensive player, but can score efficiently and play solid D which we will need at the guard spot. Also brings nice size. I'd also go for Luke Ridnour for the back-up PG spot to round out the roster along with Asik who is a forgone conclusion as an addition.

Rose/Ridnour

Brewer/Morrow

Deng/Johnson

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Asik

That is a solid group right there who should hopefully grow into a bonafide contender in couple years when Rose becomes hopefully a star.

Brewer is a fantastic idea.

I would love to nab both him and Morrow. Pargo is someone I could live with if we have enough financials to somehow secure Brewer, Morrow and James.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
Gordon is much better at creating his own shot. Morrow might play better D on a team that focuses on it. He's a great energy player thought with a ton of enthusiasm.

I'm all for bringing him in then -- we could use an excellent outside shooter. Plus we would be getting a GT guy that isn't a flaming douchebag.