Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
I just happened to be watching and picturing him in a Sox uni at the exact moment of contact, it was quite an experience. I think I need to go change my pants.

Would love to add some of that sweet, sweet oppo power to a team that doesn't hit a lot of balls out the other way.

Put down the remote. Back away carefully and go outside. That is the sun and there is a road. You need to get out more often.

:lolhitting

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
I'm really setting myself up for a monumental let down on Saturday evening when the deadline passes and we don't make a move for an impact bat, it's just really hard not to get excited when you're reading every single report out there.

If we walk out of this weekend with Hudson, Viciedo, Morel, and Santos still in our org, I'll be quite content.

Even if we made a deal, it's not like Kotsay would stop getting his bloody at bats and we all know it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
If we walk out of this weekend with Hudson, Viciedo, Morel, and Santos still in our org, I'll be quite content.

Even if we made a deal, it's not like Kotsay would stop getting his bloody at bats and we all know it.

That last part is so true, its not even funny. Even with Dunn, Kotsay will probably get 100 ABs the next two months.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Probably nothing but Dunn was removed in the top of the ninth. I don't watch the Nats much so they may always take him out bc of his defense but thought I'd mention it after he smoked his 24th in the bottom of the eighth.

It's standard procedure. Nothing newsworthy there.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
I'm not sure what he brings except a more expensive version of Jim Thome.

at this point in their careers he's a better/more expensive version of Thome and IMO exactly what the White Sox need, but I'd be OK with Luke Scott too

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
Heard we shifted our focus away from Dunn to Berkman.

fine with me, Berkman will likely come cheaper prospect wise but a little more expensive in $$... would that signal the end for PK next year?

Again though, that could be KW leaking that to send a message to the Nats.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
fine with me, Berkman will likely come cheaper prospect wise but a little more expensive in $$... would that signal the end for PK next year?

Again though, that could be KW leaking that to send a message to the Nats.

That's still not a big deal to the Nationals. The Astros aren't going to receive compensatory picks for Berkman (because offering him arbitration when his contract runs out would be financially insane), and the Nationals have to receive value greater than that of 2 compensatory picks (in their eyes), and if they keep Dunn, it does give them an inside track at resigning him.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
Just heard on the Score the Rays are the front-runners for Dunn with the Giants the only other team involved, NYY and White Sox are said to be out of it.

If the Rays are in the derby then it's curtains for us. But having a strong farm doesn't matter. We won a title in 2005.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Either this is BS and KW is playing possum with Rizzo, or Rizzo is indeed content with gettig nothing but draft picks for Dunn. Let him try to get teams to overpay, Kenny has a line he isn't willing to pay for a rentle. I just hope we still look to add something we need a bat.

That is not guaranteed. If the Nats offer him arbitration and he accepts, which is possible considering it will be a 1 year contract for like 15-18 million dollars, then they get no draft picks and they have to pay Dunn bigtime. It is a big risk for Rizzo

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
If the Rays are in the derby then it's curtains for us. But having a strong farm doesn't matter. We won a title in 2005.

Hellickson got pulled from his start today. I would laugh my ass off if Dunn gets traded for Hellickson.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
That is not guaranteed. If the Nats offer him arbitration and he accepts, which is possible considering it will be a 1 year contract for like 15-18 million dollars, then they get no draft picks and they have to pay Dunn bigtime. It is a big risk for Rizzo

You're likely still overestimating the amount he'd get for that one year...and there is zero chance he'd accept.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Hellickson got pulled from his start today. I would laugh my ass off if Dunn gets traded for Hellickson.

Saw this earlier. They could also move Wade Davis for Dunn and put Hellickson into the rotation.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Wade Davis ain't going anywhere. I'd decapitate for him. He's going to be sick (he's already good).

I guess good is a subjective term, as he has the fifth worst xFIP in the AL this season. I'm not saying Wade Davis isn't going to be good, but when he can be immediately replaced by the best (or at least most ready) pitching prospect in baseball trading him for a guy like Dunn who fills a need for you doesn't seem like the dumbest thing a team could do.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
I guess good is a subjective term, as he has the fifth worst xFIP in the AL this season. I'm not saying Wade Davis isn't going to be good, but when he can be immediately replaced by the best (or at least most ready) pitching prospect in baseball trading him for a guy like Dunn who fills a need for you doesn't seem like the dumbest thing a team could do.

You've got the best avatar ever. And yeah, I guess "good" wasn't the right word to use. He's been inconsistent. But the stuff is undeniable. I'd be shocked if the Rays dealt him. Even with Hellickson as a replacement.