July White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
Harrell's supposed to go tonight for Charlotte, I imagine if a deal were close he'd be on his way to Chicago. Kinda sucks having to start Lucas Harrell in the middle of a pennant race.

Stuff happens. A spot start here and there is going to happen. They're going to need a spot starter on August 7th too, unless Buehrle or Garcia pitch on short rest.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
Harrell's supposed to go tonight for Charlotte, I imagine if a deal were close he'd be on his way to Chicago. Kinda sucks having to start Lucas Harrell in the middle of a pennant race.

Shirek is on rest, but he's also only 2 starts back from the DL.

I don't think they are scrambling to have a starter in Chicago because I don't think they know yet what is going to happen.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
Shirek is on rest, but he's also only 2 starts back from the DL.

I don't think they are scrambling to have a starter in Chicago because I don't think they know yet what is going to happen.

If they're not scrambling already then it's probably too late to get anyone there.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
Morosi tweets that we asked about Manny.. and were rejected.

I think that is a good thing. Manny has been an injury prone shell of his former self

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
With 30 minutes to go, Williams pulls a prank on Guillen, Beckham.

From this you know there really was no action/conversation today about the guys Williams was interested in.

I wonder if The Club crew got a video of this or not. Today was supposed to be the conclusion of the show.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
With 30 minutes to go, Williams pulls a prank on Guillen, Beckham.

From this you know there really was no action/conversation today about the guys Williams was interested in.

Thats very comforting to hear... when we need a major upgrade at DH and with the trade deadline winding down, our GM is working on practical jokes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Seriously. Save the faux outrage for something worthwhile at least. No one can think that Kenny didn't give his full effort at the deadline.

Okay, how about the fact that we were lied to by KW and he never fixed the DH situation, even though he told us it could easily be fixed at the deadline?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
Okay, how about the fact that we were lied to by KW and he never fixed the DH situation, even though he told us it could easily be fixed at the deadline?

It has zero to do with a damned practical joke.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
It has zero to do with a damned practical joke.

I guess I'm not in the mood for practical jokes when this team leaves the deadline with as many question marks as before, except with 8 million more dollars on the budget for next year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
I guess I'm not in the mood for practical jokes when this team leaves the deadline with as many question marks as before, except with 8 million more dollars on the budget for next year.

Well its a good thing that Kenny didn't play one on you then...

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Thats very comforting to hear... when we need a major upgrade at DH and with the trade deadline winding down, our GM is working on practical jokes.

Kenny's been working for the past two weeks straight basically.

It's called a tension breaker.

Maybe once you get a real job you will realize what it's like to work in a high-stress environment.