White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

Kenny really f***ed up this deadline. He had no back up plan for Dunn and got played big time by the Nats and Rizzo (that will come back to bite them, but doesn't give Kenny a free pass). Now, he's a mess looking for another bat. What a f***ing joke. We've known for a fact, we needed a DH. KW was willing to let Ozzie have his way for the beginning of the season... And we all saw that this DH by committee thing was f***ing terrible.

KW better get a legit upgrade at DH soon, or else I'm gonna nominate jordan4life's thread as thread of the year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
Kenny really f***ed up this deadline. He had no back up plan for Dunn and got played big time by the Nats and Rizzo (that will come back to bite them, but doesn't give Kenny a free pass). Now, he's a mess looking for another bat. What a f***ing joke. We've known for a fact, we needed a DH. KW was willing to let Ozzie have his way for the beginning of the season... And we all saw that this DH by committee thing was f***ing terrible.

KW better get a legit upgrade at DH soon, or else I'm gonna nominate jordan4life's thread as thread of the year.

Come on man, its not even over yet.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Let's just go back to AZ and say" listen we threw you a huge bone with Hudson, What's it gonna take to get LaRoche""and don't you dare say Viciedo/Beckham/Flowers/Morel". A couple of mid level arms: Torres+Cassell.

Wouldn't doubt it at all

Luke Scott anyone?

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Let's just go back to AZ and say" listen we threw you a huge bone with Hudson, What's it gonna take to get LaRoche""and don't you dare say Viciedo/Beckham/Flowers/Morel". A couple of mid level arms: Torres+Cassell.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

I think the upside of Edwin Jackson is worth more than Hudson.. especially considering how bad Hudson looked while he was up here this season..

I have no problem with the Jackson trade, mainly because I don't think Hudson will ever be more than a back end guy..

Joelsherman1: With less than 90 mins to deadline it will be interesting: Friend of #Whitesox GM Williams said to me yest: "He is leaving this deadline with a hitter, probably Dunn, but someone for sure." Tick, tock

EDIT: Didn't realize he said yesterday, doesn't really mean anything.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Figgins is unhappy in Seattle and that would likely account for a large portion of his suckiness. If the Mariners are committed to Wakamatsu, they might dump salary to move Figgins, who plays 3B a lot better than Teahen or Viciedo. That said, this would be a move that the Sox would explore in the off-season, not now. Too many 1B/3B on the current roster.

I also doubt that Wakamatsu is managing the Mariners next season, so it may be a moot point. He and Griffey didn't speak for the two weeks prior to Griffey's retirement, and there are rumors that he forced him out. My guess is that they fire Wakamatsu before dealing Figgins.

Mariners Approached Braves About Figgins

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 2:35pm CST]

2:35pm: The Mariners approached the Braves about taking Chone Figgins off their hands, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. Crasnick adds that the Braves are also making a late bid for a reliever.

Wow relievers were a hot commodity once again.

Capps for Wilson Ramos/Joe Testa

Dotel for James McDonald/Andrew Lambo

Lopez for John Bowker/Joe Martinez

It seems like we could've traded a bullpen arm? What would Putz or even Santos land, if Dotel netted Lambo/McDonald? Not saying I wanted the Sox to be sellers, but if you see certain markets heating up; act on them. Those prospects could've been packaged for a bigger move.

oh and can someone say no to the Yankees.

Yankees: Hey Cleveland were taking Kearns and Wood for a while

Indians: Ok are you putting up anything?

Yankees: EH....will let you know later. We've gotta go to Houston and take their best hitter and some of their money.

Edited by pktmotion

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:14 AM)
Wow relievers were a hot commodity once again.

Capps for Wilson Ramos/Joe Testa

Dotel for James McDonald/Andrew Lambo

Lopez for John Bowker/Joe Martinez

It seems like we could've traded a bullpen arm? What would Putz or even Santos land, if Dotel netted Lambo/McDonald? Not saying I wanted the Sox to be sellers, but if you see certain markets heating up; act on them. Those prospects could've been packaged for a bigger move.

oh and can someone say no to the Yankees.

Yankees: Hey Cleveland were taking Kearns and Wood for a while

Indians: Ok are you putting up anything?

Yankees: EH....will let you know later. We've gotta go to Houston and take their best hitter and some of their money.

Hahaha, agreed that they just kind of swept into town and declared they were taking people. I question how much kearns, woods, or berkman are gonna do in new york, but they gave up nothing for him so i see your point.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
Sox should try and acquire Hermida from cheap from Boston. We need a lefty hitter that can play RF if needed. No more putting Andruw Jones out there against RHP.

Can't we stick Lillibridge out there?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
I just hate having such a righty dominant lineup against righties with tough sliders.

It would be nice to have a left handed bat that actually puts fear into opposing pitchers (other than Juan Pierre, of course).