AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
What a f***ing rush!!! I feel like wrestling a bear with my own bare hands, that's how excited i am. People say baseball is boring? The emotion of the 8th and 9th... there's nothing like it. f***ing nails, Bobby. NAILS.

They are not true baseball fans, and I agree with you. Even my wife yelled after that strike out.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Only beef I have is Danks runs should be unearned. Other than that, outstanding win.

Go get em tomorrow Gavin!

Agreed.

I had to turn the game off for two innings, though, after Danks gave up the first two runs. It was obvious that he would give up a good deal more, and I just couldn't listen to Hawk keep harping on the outfield play. I just can't stand him sometimes.

Other than that inning, this was a really great game and it's always good to beat the Twins in the opening game of the second half.

It would be awesome to take 3/4 in Minnesota, but I would be satisfied with a split. Still, this is really the time to knock them out of contention for the moment, with their starting rotation falling apart and Morneau's concussion status very uncertain after the setback in workouts today.

The Tigers get CLE on the road, then come back home and face the Rangers (I think) and then the Blue Jays. Have to double-check.

I'll bet that the Twins' players who've been around a few years are thinking that the '10 Sox are reminiscent of their own team in '06 - bad in April and May, got it going big-time in interleague, and then never let off the gas.

Greg Walker was on with Rongey over the weekend, and he said Gordon Beckham is back. He said before he was bad in batting practice, flip drills...everything. He saw progress a week or two ago and he told Ozzie, "He's back. I don't know when he'll start hitting in games, but he's got it." Sure enough, he's back. If Gordon can work his way back to the 2-spot, we're going to be real dangerous.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
Agreed.

I had to turn the game off for two innings, though, after Danks gave up the first two runs. It was obvious that he would give up a good deal more, and I just couldn't listen to Hawk keep harping on the outfield play. I just can't stand him sometimes.

There's always the mute button...

I was watching Ken Burns' series on baseball last night and I guess the NY Giants went 37-7 in a 44 game stretch to end the season and catch the Brooklyn Dodgers from 13 1/2 games back in 1955. So now we need to win 12-2 in our next 14 to better thir run...:)

We basically gave the Twins 6 free runs in their own ballpark and still won. Absolutely amazing how hot this team is right now, and what a job by Jenks tonight. The one thing that still hurts even though we won is the bullpen had to throw a ton of high stress pitches tonight, so it'd be nice if we can come out and win an easy one tomorrow. Still, an outstanding win overall tonight.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
We basically gave the Twins 6 free runs in their own ballpark and still won. Absolutely amazing how hot this team is right now, and what a job by Jenks tonight. The one thing that still hurts even though we won is the bullpen had to throw a ton of high stress pitches tonight, so it'd be nice if we can come out and win an easy one tomorrow. Still, an outstanding win overall tonight.

If Gavin can continue pitching as he has of late, it very well could be.