AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
Quentin misplayed a routine fly ball, Rios went over there to cover for him and dropped it (I like how Chris Rongey wanted to blame Rios for that play...). Had that been caught, Danks probably has a 1-2-3. You know how Hawk is about this kind of stuff...

To be fair, Rios got A LOT of glove on it. I would have given him an error, but it wasn't really his fault, if that makes sense.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
To be fair, Rios got A LOT of glove on it. I would have given him an error, but it wasn't really his fault, if that makes sense.

Both of them had to cover a lot of ground to get to it, but it hung up there for a while. If you were watching Rios, he let up a bit as he closed on it to check for Quentin to avoid the impact.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)

Yeah, I agree with that. He should have caught it, but it wasn't his ball to begin with. I would have charged him the error, he had the ball in his glove.

Edited by chw42

My favorite part of the game last night was the bottom of the 1st when Span tried to dump one of those bulls*** shank jobs into short left field. All of the Twins fans started cheering because it was a blueprint of the kind of hits that have killed the sox in the Dome for year. Of course Pierre used his speed to run it down and completely shocked the fans and the players of the home team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
My favorite part of the game last night was the bottom of the 1st when Span tried to dump one of those bulls*** shank jobs into short left field. All of the Twins fans started cheering because it was a blueprint of the kind of hits that have killed the sox in the Dome for year. Of course Pierre used his speed to run it down and completely shocked the fans and the players of the home team.

The thing that continues to amaze me is the amount of balls that die in that place. The catch Rios made at the 411 sign last night would have been into the ivy at USCF, or into the centerfield wall at the old park. This year it is another routine catch made by Rios tracking a ball over his head.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
The thing that continues to amaze me is the amount of balls that die in that place. The catch Rios made at the 411 sign last night would have been into the ivy at USCF, or into the centerfield wall at the old park. This year it is another routine catch made by Rios tracking a ball over his head.

Safe to say Beckhams blast didn't get a chance to die. Ball was destroyed

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)

A highlight of mine as well.

Guillen called for four hit-and-runs — and all of them worked.

• The White Sox produced three sacrifice flies in the first two innings.

• Gordon Beckham(notes) hit a home run at Target (no easy task) and has been heating up since Guillen almost, but didn't quite, banish him.

• Guillen stuck with left-hander John Danks(notes) through a maddening six-run second inning for the Twins, and he got them to the seventh.

• Guillen switched relievers at the right moments; Bobby Jenks(notes) struck out Orlando Hudson(notes) with the bases loaded in the eighth and got Jim Thome(notes) looking in the ninth.

And so, for the ninth straight game, and for the 26th time in 31 games, the White Sox won.

Via the Chicago Tribune:

Funny but I've been reading all the threads on here and didn't see one mention of Ozzie making great moves last night. The Trib pointed out several.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Like Mauer?

Depends on the type of left handed hitter. Thome and Mauer most likely won't gain anything form the park, since they have very good opposite field power and usually don't pull their home runs. But for a guy like Morneau, it doesn't hurt.

QUOTE (RoyHobbs @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)
Not only is that 9 in a row...we won't be seeing Mr. Morneau the rest of the series

Pretty damn smart move, them picking up Thome for dirt cheap. It won't solve their pitching problems though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
Thome and Mauer most likely won't gain anything form the park, since they have very good opposite field power and usually don't pull their home runs.

It wouldn't matter with Thome. He hits them oppo, pull, etc.. Mauer I agree with. He is mostly an oppo guy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
Would have been the smart move for us too.

What the **** don't you understand about 'Mark Kotsay is the best all around player on our team?' LEAVE HIM ALONE.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Well played Mauer.

Well played Mauer.

Edited by Quinarvy