White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
Yes they did. And the Sox are hitting very well as a team right now as well...and have won 11 games in a row at home. Just because the great Daniel Hudson most likely won't pitch tonight doesn't mean the Sox are "giving" the game away.

You're forgetting that the Sox faced two really crappy Seattle pitchers, Rowland-Smith might be the worst pitcher in baseball.

Brett Anderson's going tonight and I'd say he's one of the best young pitchers in the game, injury or not. By throwing a AAA pitcher or Tony Pena out there, you really decrease your chances of winning the game. It's not like you need to trade Hudson right now. You can wait until tomorrow. And more likely than not, the price will actually decrease, as Rizzo's isn't in the most desirable position with Dunn.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
That's why I find this interesting:

cst_sox

Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way. 7 minutes ago via web

I don't know if that's personally opinion, confusion or good info but it's interesting none the less. KW somehow picks up a bat without including Hudson then still flips Hudson for starter.

That's what makes me think the big name is a hitter while Jackson becomes the 5th starter.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)

cst_sox

Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way. 7 minutes ago via web

I don't know if that's personally opinion, confusion or good info but it's interesting none the less. KW somehow picks up a bat without including Hudson then still flips Hudson for starter.

unless there's a bat out there with a big contract that JR said KW could take a vast majority or he stuns everyone and trades someone off the MLB roster

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
You're forgetting that the Sox faced two really crappy Seattle pitchers, Rowland-Smith might be the worst pitcher in baseball.

Brett Anderson's going tonight and I'd say he's one of the best young pitchers in the game, injury or not. By throwing a AAA pitcher or Tony Pena out there, you really decrease your chances of winning the game. It's not like you need to trade Hudson right now. You can wait until tomorrow. And more likely than not, the price will actually decrease, as Rizzo's isn't in the most desirable position with Dunn.

honestly, depending on the move, so what? If it is a major move that makes them even more serious contenders and maybe a player who is locked up for a few years one game is one game... never want to give games away I agree but sometimes have to for the better, the Sox have games left with the Twins, if they can be stacked for those games I'll roll loaded dice tonight

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:12 AM)

cst_sox

The question is who could we acquire with a package of Viciedo/Morel/Flowers/Danks/Holmberg. I assume not all of those guys, but a good chunk of those guys would be headed out.

The only random name that keeps popping into my head is Andre Ethier, who would be a tremendous fit, but I really don't believe some of the reports that he is on the market, nor do I think the above package would be that attractive to get him.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
unless there's a bat out there with a big contract that JR said KW could take a vast majority or he stuns everyone and trades someone off the MLB roster

Santos does have huge trade value IMO, would be selling very high on him if he were flipped as part of a package for a bat.

As much as everybody is groaning about the tension.... this is great ****.

Prime time drama is nothing compared to this.

Come on KW... deliver the goods!!

Meanwhile, it's like an accident on the side of the road...

Not sure we want to see the result, but can't help watching.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)

I am loving this.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
honestly, depending on the move, so what? If it is a major move that makes them even more serious contenders and maybe a player who is locked up for a few years one game is one game... never want to give games away I agree but sometimes have to for the better, the Sox have games left with the Twins, if they can be stacked for those games I'll roll loaded dice tonight

If it's for Dunn, Prince, or Berkman, I'll take that risk. But if it's really for Edwin freaking Jackson, I'm going to be pissed.

To me anytime there is a deadline it drives me crazy but I LOVE IT!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)

All I'm saying is the Sox are not giving this game away by not pitching Hudson. They may be decreasing their chances of winning a little, but certainly not giving it away. One thing we can agree on is that Rowland-Smith is the worst pitcher in baseball. That guy has nothing to offer.

You got that right, it's going to make for a damn good episode of the club. I'll take this over the lebron bs any day. I can't wait to see what's up

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
All I'm saying is the Sox are not giving this game away by not pitching Hudson. They may be decreasing their chances of winning a little, but certainly not giving it away. One thing we can agree on is that Rowland-Smith is the worst pitcher in baseball. That guy has nothing to offer.

Yes. And for all we know, Hudson will crap the bed again tonight.