JIM THOME!!!!!!!!

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Ozzie is an idiot. No need to throw Thome under the bus...

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-departure.html

"I'm not afraid," Guillen said. "I can care less what people think. We're in second place. When Jim Thome was here, we finished third three times out of four years (actually two third-place finishes and one fourth-place ending). We went to one playoff because he hit a home run to go to the playoffs.

see it in all its glory: http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/video?PID=...cxVgPsD3oxMPHK1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm not afraid," Guillen said. "I can care less what people think. We're in second place. When Jim Thome was here, we finished third three times out of four years (actually two third-place finishes and one fourth-place ending). We went to one playoff because he hit a home run to go to the playoffs.

I think he mean's couldn't care less, but if that's really the case, how come Ozzie gets so upset when people have a different view than he does? The I really don't care what you think but I'm going to go off and tell everyone that that view is wrong with no valid points and get pissed off every time someone disagrees with me act is stale.

Thome is a Twin now, so I couldn't care less and actually applaud Ozzie for not kissing his ass today, but you know the organization is very sensitive to the Thome situation. On telecasts and now in print, they really don't make much of his successes. Hawk last night kept saying "a whole lot of guys are going to hit that pitch hard" each time Thome did something positive. They need to get over it. Realize Thome would have helped the Sox and move on. Quit trying to spin the situation. You want a LH bat. In his last 640 plate appearances Thome has 40 HR 120 RBI over 100 walks. To say he wouldn't help is sour grapes.

Ozzie Guillen seems to spend half the time sucking the Twins off while his team pisses down their collective legs against them, and the other half coming up with various ways to avoid admitting he's made a mistake and for the fans to stop criticizing him because they don't know s*** about baseball and to not watch games if they don't like it. Holy f*** Ozzie will you please STFU. Just once.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
He doesn't call the pitches, but he is ultimately responsible for making sure his pitchers and catchers know what pitch to call. And my point was that Ozzie is primarily responsible for Thome being a Twinkie.

If he was a God we'd have clinched the division by now.

No he's not, Coop is.

Ozzie's act has really gotten stale. I'd be fine to stomach it if he was actually having some success with the decisions he makes and beating our top rivals. However, when he makes questionable choices, sucks against the competition and has had one playoff birth in the last 4 seasons he just needs to STFU and get the job done.

Whats he supposed to say? Yes, he's so good we dont want to pitch to him, my team sucks, we dont have the players.

Thats how you lose a clubhouse if you are retarded enough to take that POV. He's the manager of a sports team, he's trying to back his players and he doesnt give a s*** about players in the other clubhouses.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
Whats he supposed to say? Yes, he's so good we dont want to pitch to him, my team sucks, we dont have the players.

Thats how you lose a clubhouse if you are retarded enough to take that POV. He's the manager of a sports team, he's trying to back his players and he doesnt give a s*** about players in the other clubhouses.

You saw all the rest of what he said? That breathless rant? Not exactly his finest moment.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
You saw all the rest of what he said? That breathless rant? Not exactly his finest moment.

I honestly dont care what he says. Athletes and celebrities are torn apart so much by the media because of their words in the heat of frustration that I dont pay attention to it. Imagine if your team at work just failed and someone stuck a microphone in your ear and asked to to talk about how you f***ed up? It would take alot for me not to hit someone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
I honestly dont care what he says. Athletes and celebrities are torn apart so much by the media because of their words in the heat of frustration that I dont pay attention to it. Imagine if your team at work just failed and someone stuck a microphone in your ear and asked to to talk about how you f***ed up? It would take alot for me not to hit someone.

But you just defended it. Or at least part of it. Ok color me confused then.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
So Ozzie reports to his pitching coach?

I am certainly confused but I am confident you will go out of your way to straighten me out.

Cooper goes through the other teams hitters with the pitchers and catchers every series. The bench does not call pitches. The catcher will drop the fingers, but ultimately the pitcher is responsible for the pitch selection. Some pitchers are picky, but a guy like Buerhle rarely, if ever, shakes off a catcher.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Cooper goes through the other teams hitters with the pitchers and catchers every series. The bench does not call pitches. The catcher will drop the fingers, but ultimately the pitcher is responsible for the pitch selection. Some pitchers are picky, but a guy like Buerhle rarely, if ever, shakes off a catcher.

Thanks. I appreciate the cordial clarification.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)

It seems that this has already happened.

Last night in the 8th inning would have been a great time for Linebrink to drill Joe Mauer.

Thome's homer made me sad, sad because it would have been on the concourse at the cell. It's time to move on and concentrate on the Orioles, Yankees & Red Sox & that west coast trip (Oakland & Anaheim). We can still win this division without beating Minnesota, but we must beat the Royals & Indians!!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Ozzie Guillen seems to spend half the time sucking the Twins off while his team pisses down their collective legs against them, and the other half coming up with various ways to avoid admitting he's made a mistake and for the fans to stop criticizing him because they don't know s*** about baseball and to not watch games if they don't like it. Holy f*** Ozzie will you please STFU. Just once.

You'll notice people are talking about Ozzie, and not the losses on the field. This is his plan. He takes the pressure from the players, and still believes the Sox are in this thing.

His approach sucks, but it's all the man knows.