Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Quite the battle going on for POY in NCAA this season. The four top contenders are Sullinger, Kemba Walker, Jimmer F, and Nolan Smith. Jimmer might be the best offensive player I've seen in a long time, but it's likely he will be on the outside looking in for the POY discussion. With Kemba and UCONN fading in conference, it seems Sullinger has a great chance to be POY even though Nolan Smith is having a fantastic senior season.

It was two games, on the road, against top 12 teams. They just beat Texas on the road. Let's see how they play against Nova and L'Ville before saying that they are "fading"

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
It was two games, on the road, against top 12 teams. They just beat Texas on the road. Let's see how they play against Nova and L'Ville before saying that they are "fading"

I just meant that I can't see Kemba keeping up his 30 ppg average in the tough Big East.

Hey Chimpy, how is Snaer doing? His numbers are disappointing for a pretty big recruit.

Also, K State loses to Colorado in Manhattan. K State is a complete fraud team. Pullen gets all the credit, but Denis Clemente was damn near unguardable. He's as fast as it gets on the ball. Losing him was way more important than anyone in the media was willing to admit.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Hey Chimpy, how is Snaer doing? His numbers are disappointing for a pretty big recruit.

He has been pretty bad. Snaer always looks nervous on the court and turns it over a lot. He also takes a lot of really bad shots. At least he plays decent defense.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Lol at the people who thought Duke had a shot to make an undefeated run (and they wouldn't have with Irving either IMO). You saw tonight just how hard it is, even in the case of Ohio State and Kansas winning.

Duke knew they had absolutely no chance to play inside. They didn't even try. Combine that with shots not falling and you have a loss.

Seck who has been by far our best player all season has 18 points and 17 rebounds tonight and gets thrown under the bus by Lowery during the post game show. Diamond Taylor who is one of the few players on this team with actual talent gets a DNP coaches decision tonight because we have to play Lowery's f***in cousin and a JC transfer that's complete f***in garbage the whole f***IN GAME. I hate our coach, I hate him so f***in much.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 12, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
Seck who has been by far our best player all season has 18 points and 17 rebounds tonight and gets thrown under the bus by Lowery during the post game show. Diamond Taylor who is one of the few players on this team with actual talent gets a DNP coaches decision tonight because we have to play Lowery's f***in cousin and a JC transfer that's complete f***in garbage the whole f***IN GAME. I hate our coach, I hate him so f***in much.

I agree with this. What did Lowery say though?