NBA Predictions - (Predictabulls Part II)

Miami 81-1. Really....67-15 (though I hope it's worse than that).

God, I hate them! I really hope they don't break the Bulls' record of 72-10. I hope to hell somehow they flop. If they do go to the Finals you can bet I'm rooting for the West, which is something I seldom do.

As for the Bulls, I'm going with 52-30 which will be good enough to place them 1st in the Central.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Erick Spoelstra will be fired.

LeBron complained the other night about not getting enough minutes...in a preseason game.

i think thats the plan all along.. find any excuse to fire Spoelstra to get Pat Riley in that Head Coach's position.

Miami will win 66 games (could win more but the injury prone Wade has injury issues for the season) and will cruise to the championship but lose to the Lakers in 7. (Kobe continues to repair his image immenely) If Riley takes over though, Heat will win the title in 7.

Bulls win 51 games, trade for a shooter around the deadline (say.. Rudy) and lose to the Heat in 5 games in the ECF.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
I think we called that back on July 8th.

I find it hard to believe that Riley could resist the temptation to be the coach of the best team in NBA history. So, yeah, I think Spoelstra has a very good chance of hitting the bricks. And you can count my vote for the Heat winning 73 games and then resting people...and then winning the championship in 5 games over the Lakers.

Oh, and the Bull win 45 games, Bucks take the Central. Neither Rose nor Noah are all-stars this season (though both are good players).

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 01:40 AM)
Oh, and the Bull win 45 games, Bucks take the Central. Neither Rose nor Noah are all-stars this season (though both are good players).

Who is going to be a better point guard in the East? Isn't it literally Rondo V. Rose until Wall steps in?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
Who is going to be a better point guard in the East? Isn't it literally Rondo V. Rose until Wall steps in?

Yes, I don't see how Rose isn't an All-Star. He'll be the best PG in the East once Rondo loses his now 4 Hall of Famers.

The Celtics are going to hit what Jerry Krause thought the Bulls would become soon.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)

But the All-Star team is voted based on G, F, and C. Rose no doubt is up there as a top guard, but voting will go the way it usually does which hurts his chances.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
But the All-Star team is voted based on G, F, and C. Rose no doubt is up there as a top guard, but voting will go the way it usually does which hurts his chances.

Even if he wasn't voted in (We do have to remember he has the 4th highest jersey sales in the NBA), the coaches wouldn't go without a PG.

Its if Yi gets voted in, then the NBA has a problem.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
No chance in hell the Heat get to 72 let alone 70. That being said, they're still the best team in the league and beat the Lakers in 6 in the finals.

Bulls make it to the eastern conference finals but lose to those assholes.

And how exactly is there no chance in hell that happens when Lebron by himself in Cleveland was good enough for 60 win teams?

If they really want 73, itll be done..

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 03:46 AM)
And how exactly is there no chance in hell that happens when Lebron by himself in Cleveland was good enough for 60 win teams?

If they really want 73, itll be done..

There are 3 easy answers to that. If you don't think they'll get to 73, you think it's because one of them will get hurt or exhausted because of excessive minutes, you think that there will be a serious chemistry clash (to the point that Riles steps in to bail the team out in the 2nd half), or you think that they're going to get crushed by any team that has a legitimate big man because they have no one who can slow down a Howard or a Gasol on the inside.

I think they're 73 barring freak injuries, but there are legit points on the other side.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 07:46 AM)
There are 3 easy answers to that. If you don't think they'll get to 73, you think it's because one of them will get hurt or exhausted because of excessive minutes, you think that there will be a serious chemistry clash (to the point that Riles steps in to bail the team out in the 2nd half), or you think that they're going to get crushed by any team that has a legitimate big man because they have no one who can slow down a Howard or a Gasol on the inside.

I think they're 73 barring freak injuries, but there are legit points on the other side.

I think they will as well, but it has to be in the first two years together. Wade is brittle. Also, that's when they'll have the most motivation because people hate them so much now. So with that said, as you stated, a good big man will cause them fits and they're going to be exhausted if they go for 73. I disagree with Howard though because offensively, he's still pretty much a joke after working with several big men. A guy like Boozer who can easily backdown Bosh will cause them problems. Gasol will too. Heck, the whole Celtics frontline will upset them. Throw Blake Griffin in there too who will eat Bosh alive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Rondo.

rose in his second year got more votes than rondo did, and if we are talking about pure popularity, rose wins hands down. and i also do think that rose will separate from rondo and officially becomes the best pg in the east this season.

Bulls win 50 games after a bit of a slow start, take a weak (but tight) Central Division crown over a mid to high 40's win team 90 miles to the north, lose in round 2.

Heat win 67 games, but lose to Boston in the ECF

Thunder lose to Lakers in the WCF.

In a true last hurrah for both teams, LA beats Boston in the NBA Finals and Kobe gets his 6th and final ring. This however could go haywire with both of these teams being old, and if neither makes The Finals, it wouldn't shock me at all. And if such plays out, the 2011 Finals may look like the ones I anticipate in 2012....and thus:

VERY early prediction: Thunder vs. Heat in 2012 NBA finals, and it goes 7 games. The Heat machine will be at peak level in year 2 IMO (Dwyane Wade is going to fall apart physically a lot earlier than most people seem to realize, probably by year 3 or 4), but the Thunder are just going to be such a force by June of 2012.

Edited by whitesoxfan101