Which Sox home grown talent will have the best career with the Sox?

Quin

Which Sox home grown talent will have the best career with the Sox?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sox home grown talent will have the best career with the Sox?

• Gordon Beckham
    • Dayan Viciedo
    • Chris Sale
    • Tyler Flowers
    • Brent Morel
    • Jared Mitchell

With the remarkable amount of time Beckham spent wallowing in the farm he should be disqualified. Beckham is a product of Georgia. Or Beckham. Home grown talent infers guys more like Morel IMO. Sale is DQ'd also. I also think Sale will end up disappointing a lot of people over here in the long run. Well maybe not the long run. May at latest is when I expect it.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)
With the remarkable amount of time Beckham spent wallowing in the farm he should be disqualified. Beckham is a product of Georgia. Or Beckham. Home grown talent infers guys more like Morel IMO. Sale is DQ'd also. I also think Sale will end up disappointing a lot of people over here in the long run. Well maybe not the long run. May at latest is when I expect it.

Morel was from the same draft as Beckham, just took him a year longer, but it's still a short time. Same for Dayan (same year into system at least, he wasn't drafted). Home-grown talent means from our farm and all these guys are there.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:51 AM)
Gordon. Sale will have short term dominance but unfortunately I see a major injury in his future.

Not sold on any of the other guys though I'm a huge fan of Mitchell's potential.

I really hope once Sale beefs up, it will prevent injury.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:02 AM)
None. They'll all be traded for guys who were in the All-Star game in 1999.

Take your pick of Vlad, Alex Gonzalez, Magglio, Hoffman, or Thome.

We already have Manny and Omar.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)

I assume this is sarcasm? He was in the minors for less than a season before being brought up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
Mitchell probably would have been up this year without that injury, i still think he has the highest ceiling of the bunch.

I read this statement and my first instinct was to think "No way"....then I thought for a moment longer and said "wait, that is exactly what they'd have done isn't it".

I'm still not sold on this rapid advancement of every talented youngster experiment that we're doing now.

I put Beckham but the verdict is still out on whether he'll be a star.

I think he's already proven enough that he'll have a Durham-length career at second for the Sox.

Should pencil him in for double digit years at 2B.

Is he a star? We shall see.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
Throwing a sidebar out there, I would bet on Morel being a White Sox for the longest period of time.

I'll say Beckham will have the best career and be here the longest- I don't see anything moving him off of second base at the Cell for a long time. I hope you're right about Morel though- it would be very, very nice to have that kind of stability at third base.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
I'll say Beckham will have the best career and be here the longest- I don't see anything moving him off of second base at the Cell for a long time. I hope you're right about Morel though- it would be very, very nice to have that kind of stability at third base.

If Gordo ends up being that good, he could very well price himself out of Chicago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
It is something that wouldn't surprise me this off season, that's for sure.

The longer you go on, the harder it becomes to convince a player to sign a deal that options away a year of FA. Longoria signed his a month after he was called up.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 05:20 AM)
I assume this is sarcasm? He was in the minors for less than a season before being brought up.

Yes. My point is Beckham pretty much went from Georgia to the White Sox. The minors were pretty much a formality in his case. Thats why Morel (he of the same draft year) would qualify, and not Beckham.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
The longer you go on, the harder it becomes to convince a player to sign a deal that options away a year of FA. Longoria signed his a month after he was called up.

I don't think it becomes harder, it just becomes more expensive (so if that is what you are referencing, then yes, it does become harder).