2010-11 MLB Offseason Catch-All

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Jeter may move to the outfield in the next few season, where he will most likely continue to win gold gloves....

this is going to be a fun stretch between the NYY and Jeter. It's extremely obvious to most people, except ESPN, that there's no chance in hell the NYY can roll Jeter out there at SS for much longer, I think the offseason sniping between the two was just a preview of what's going to come.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)

Interesting. Don't see why the Indians would deal Camona with their current SP situation. He's relatively cheap and had a very solid '10. Maybe they're trying to sell high in the event he reverts back to his '08/'09 form. Trading Sizemore right now would be foolish. As his value is at its lowest, and I can't imagine any team giving up anything that would be better than just seeing if he can bounce back and be the player he was two years ago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Interesting. Don't see why the Indians would deal Camona with their current SP situation. He's relatively cheap and had a very solid '10. Maybe they're trying to sell high in the event he reverts back to his '08/'09 form. Trading Sizemore right now would be foolish. As his value is at its lowest, and I can't imagine any team giving up anything that would be better than just seeing if he can bounce back and be the player he was two years ago.

Why keep any player with a salary in Cleveland? They suck, and their future isn't for years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Why keep any player with a salary in Cleveland? They suck, and their future isn't for years.

I can see them hesitating to deal Sizemore. Seems like it would be a tough pill for the fans to swallow. My guess is they would love it if he regained some value though in the first half and then unloaded him at the deadline for some pieces that could actually be worth something in the future.

They should just move Hafner already. Eat everything but a couple mil per and open up some space. A DH slot on a rebuilding team has to be extremely valuable considering you can use it to rest young guys while still getting them ABs. In fact, they might even be better off dumping Hafner and using his spot for a late-January bargain signing or two, since at least then they might have a shot at a couple decent prospects around the deadline.

Hafner vs. RHP is a nice DH platoon partner. Someone would want him IMO.

The June 24-26th series between the Mariners & Marlins, scheduled to be played in Miami will be moved to Seattle instead. The Marlins will be the home team and no DH will be used. Reason??? U2 is playing at Sun Life Stadium June 29th and needs the time to set up. Baseball still means little in the state of Florida.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
The June 24-26th series between the Mariners & Marlins, scheduled to be played in Miami will be moved to Seattle instead. The Marlins will be the home team and no DH will be used. Reason??? U2 is playing at Sun Life Stadium June 29th and needs the time to set up. Baseball still means little in the state of Florida.

Cool. Love quirky sports s*** on my birthday.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)

wow, they'll get mileage out of the new stadium for a short term, but it will likely go back to status quo quickly.

I think the Yankees FO is a little annoyed with the Rangers.

Yankees president Randy Levine has fired back at Texas Rangers owner Chuck Greenberg, calling him "delusional."

The message was direct: Mind your business and keep your team off "welfare."

Levine made his comments in response to Greenberg's opinion that the Rangers kept the chase for Cliff Lee going long enough for the Phillies to sneak in and take Lee from the clutches of New York to the National League.

"I think Chuck is delusional," Levine told ESPNewYork.com. "He has been running the Rangers for a few minutes and seems to believe he's mastered what everyone else is thinking. I think he should let Cliff Lee speak for himself. I'll be impressed when he demonstrates he can keep the Rangers off welfare. What I mean is make them not be a revenue-sharing recipient for three years in a row, without taking financing from baseball or advance money from television networks. Then I'll be impressed."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
I think the Yankees FO is a little annoyed with the Rangers.

What I mean is make them not be a revenue-sharing recipient for three years in a row, without taking financing from baseball or advance money from television networks. Then I'll be impressed."

Does the Yankees President know about this thing called Cablevision?

Per Rotoword:

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Jermaine Dye is likely to retire.

The free agent outfielder has been contacted by the Rays, Rockies and Phillies, and has probably been offered a minor league contract or two, but he wants a guaranteed roster spot and it's just not going to happen. "I would still like to play, but I think my choices have passed and teams have gone with other people," Dye said Wednesday. "I will continue to stay in shape and hopefully someone will call. If nothing gets done by the end of the spring, I may call it a career." He boasts 325 career home runs. Feb. 2 - 11:20 pm et

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Michael Kay (Yankees play-by-play guy) is reporting that Andy Pettitte will retire tommorrow. That's a huge, huge blow for the Yankees. Even with him, their rotation was a question mark, now its that much worse.

yeah, even with him back they were going to have to count on him for 30 or so starts, now with out him, barring something major, they are extremely thin in that rotation.

I bet you hear a lot of Zambrano to NYY talk heat up, it's basically the Cubs only shot at dumping a majority of that contract.