Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
In the past week I have updated from a tube tv, xbox, and regular cable to a 1080p LCD tv, PS3, and a HD DVR and have been beating myself over the head for not doing it sooner.

We didn't make the switch until September and added an internet enabled blu-ray with Netflix. It's incredible and somewhat life changing.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Of course as soon as I start working out the Soxtalk Gym forum is closed.

I love how good I feel after running, even if I was running in 3 degree weather. F*** is it cold here.

Wow, did that hurt your lungs?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 15, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
Wow, did that hurt your lungs?

The first one did on Thursday when I actually went on a jog (because it was the nicest it had been in 2 weeks...clear, sunny sky, no wind, and..it was 15 degrees), as I took like 3 breaks on a mile and a half run due to fatigue and pain. Tonight, I was just doing some sprinting/half-speed exercises for 15 minutes. And sprinting on snow is still only about 90% speed at best. Still, it felt really good and my lungs feel fine.

I've just started reading "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" based on the recommendation of several people - Stephen Covey himself when he came and talked at USD 3 years ago, and James Anderson (son of "Famous Dave" Anderson) - and just through the first part of the book, it's been amazing. Obviously nothing has changed overnight, but it seriously feels like, while you are reading, you are getting a make-over, and it really opens your eyes as to what a person needs to do to improve themselves.

I can come up with analogies all night, but even just through the first 45 pages, it would come highly recommended.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Get a good vacuum cleaner.

My puppy is 8 months and am experiencing his first shedding phase. I vacuum about twice a day and sweep the floor. Figured he would run out sooner than later.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
I should be moving into a new apartment this summer. I plan on getting a pet-friendly place and adopting an Alaskan Malamute.

Please wait until you are out of college until you do that. Malamutes are such great dogs, but they are not college student dogs. You will kick yourself if you do it, when you are leaving him/her alone so you can go out. We had a family Malamute, she was the best dog I ever had.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
I've decided to lose 60 pounds

Nice!

I recently re-dedicated myself to getting in shape. I was 211.7 pounds on 1/10 and weighed in at 203.0 this morning.

Eat right, work out, it comes off easily the first week for sure.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
Please wait until you are out of college until you do that. Malamutes are such great dogs, but they are not college student dogs. You will kick yourself if you do it, when you are leaving him/her alone so you can go out. We had a family Malamute, she was the best dog I ever had.

I'm a senior. My non-stop partying days are about done. Plus I'd be living with 1 or 2 other friends. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'll be home more now in college than I will be once I get a full-time job.

And I'm a huge dog lover.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
I'm a senior. My non-stop partying days are about done. Plus I'd be living with 1 or 2 other friends. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'll be home more now in college than I will be once I get a full-time job.

And I'm a huge dog lover.

Just letting you know, they are very smart, and when you leave them alone and they get bored, bad things happen

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/38/20110118/tod-c...ce-045b8e8.html

However, the request for the cat's exemption was refused by a jury commissioner and Mrs Esposito was told that Sal 'must attend' Suffolk Superior Crown Court.

She said: "When they ask him guilty or not guilty, what's he supposed to say - meow?"

"Sal is a member of the family so I listed him on the last census form under pets but there has clearly been a mix-up."

The Daily Mail reported that Sal could have accidentally ended up on the juror list when paperwork was misread at the last census.

According to the Massachusetts judicial branch website, US citizens who 'do not speak and understand English sufficiently well may be disqualified.'

If Sal's application for disqualification is denied, the cat is expected in court on 23 March.