2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say Winter's Bone is an "enjoyable" movie but it's excellently directed and performed....especially by the girl who was nominated for an Academy Award and the actor who plays her uncle suffering from the meth problem and dealing with the conflict between helping and his immediate family and retribution from the police and the other part of the family who want the problems to disappear.

It definitely stays with you....unlike most movies these days.

Wasn't part of "Up In The Air" also filmed in Michigan? Or "The Company Men"?

Edited by caulfield12

After today I've seen:

10/10 Best Picture

4/5 Best Actor

3/5 Best Actress

5/5 Best Supporting Actor

4/5 Best Supporting Actress

5/5 Best Director

5/5 Best Adapted Screenplay

4/5 Best Original Screenplay nominations.

I think that pretty good prep for the Oscars on Sunday.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
After today I've seen:

10/10 Best Picture

4/5 Best Actor

3/5 Best Actress

5/5 Best Supporting Actor

4/5 Best Supporting Actress

5/5 Best Director

5/5 Best Adapted Screenplay

4/5 Best Original Screenplay nominations.

I think that pretty good prep for the Oscars on Sunday.

Sheesh. What a slacker.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
How were all three girls impressive, do tell?

lol sorry for such a late response because I haven't looked at this thread since then. But I was talking about the movies not the girls haha. 1 girl wasn't very impressive and another was so-so if you wanna know haha.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
I can't say Winter's Bone is an "enjoyable" movie but it's excellently directed and performed....especially by the girl who was nominated for an Academy Award and the actor who plays her uncle suffering from the meth problem and dealing with the conflict between helping and his immediate family and retribution from the police and the other part of the family who want the problems to disappear.

It definitely stays with you....unlike most movies these days.

Wasn't part of "Up In The Air" also filmed in Michigan? Or "The Company Men"?

According to this Up in the Air was made in Michigan, my guess would be the wedding scenes in "Wisconsin" would be filmed there, and probably at the Detroit Metro Airport too, the Northwest Airlines terminal is beautiful, the rest of the airport sucks big time though, but I do believe it was scheduled to be remodeled.

Just saw Drive Angry.

All I can say is it's so bad that it's almost good. Ebert gave it 2 stars, I have to agree. It's not quite atrocious enough to be 1 star, and Cage/Finchtner were actually half decent.

The funniest part was Billy Burke (the sheriff in Twilight) as a cult leader. His accent cracked me up every time he opened his mouth.

And Amber Heard is pretty darned hot. I think she would have been better than the Victoria's Secret model that Bay selected for Transformers III. We'll see.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
Anyone ever see The Lives of Others? I just got done watching it, and I think it's one of my favorite movies ever. Top 20 for sure.

Yes, i had been wanting to get to it ever since kalapse asked if i had seen it. I ended up seeing it several months back, and i would agree that it was an extremely well done piece of cinema. But once more, some people just can't handle subtitles, and they miss out on excellence. I read some forums after i saw the film (as i always do), and that was good for a laugh or several. The political views on imdb are always gold. Hell, just about anyplace in reality.

About four years ago i was reading a thread there in which a japanese girl claimed to be 5'3 and 78 pounds. She was going on and on about how anyone over 92 pounds is obese and not worthy of living. Americans disgusted her to no end. I read over 20 pages worth of arguments that occurred after that. Why? She believed what she was saying 100%, with absolutely zero intention of trolling. I was looking at a pretty obscure tv series when i came across her, and for the life of me i can't recall what it was, which is what annoys me, because i almost don't believe what i read was real.

Btw, has anyone seen tucker & dale vs evil by chance?

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Yes, i had been wanting to get to it ever since kalapse asked if i had seen it. I ended up seeing it several months back, and i would agree that it was an extremely well done piece of cinema. But once more, some people just can't handle subtitles, and they miss out on excellence. I read some forums after i saw the film (as i always do), and that was good for a laugh or several. The political views on imdb are always gold. Hell, just about anyplace in reality.

About four years ago i was reading a thread there in which a japanese girl claimed to be 5'3 and 78 pounds. She was going on and on about how anyone over 92 pounds is obese and not worthy of living. Americans disgusted her to no end. I read over 20 pages worth of arguments that occurred after that. Why? She believed what she was saying 100%, with absolutely zero intention of trolling. I was looking at a pretty obscure tv series when i came across her, and for the life of me i can't recall what it was, which is what annoys me, because i almost don't believe what i read was real.

Btw, has anyone seen tucker & dale vs evil by chance?

I don't watch a lot of movies with subtitles nor do I avoid them, but I find they actually get me into the movie a little more. In regards to IMDB, I never use their discussion boards or ratings anymore. The rating system for Netflix is so spot-on after all of the rating I've done that it is unnecessary to go to IMDB other than to see the names of actors and the awards.