Super Bowl XLV Thread

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
I've been a die hard Steelers fan my whole life. I was disappointed to see the Bears lose, but I wasn't completely surprised. To be honest, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a Packers/Jets Superbowl. Glad that didn't happen, though, because I would have had to root for the Packers.

Here's a question...and I'm not trying to start an argument: If the Eagles had made it to the Superbowl, would there have been as much hate towards Vick as there is towards Roethlisberger? I'm not defending Roethlisberger, because he obviously did something to get suspended. We will probably never know the whole story since there were no charges filed. But, like Vick, I think he paid his dues. They both have seemingly learned from their mistakes.

As far as the game, it's going to be tight. I'm thinking it will come down to the last few minutes. For a change, I'm going to predict a defensive play that ends it. Steelers 20, Packers 16.

Vick and Ben are both scumbags. If Ben did indeed rape that girl than there's no such f***in thing as paying your dues.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Vick and Ben are both scumbags. If Ben did indeed rape that girl than there's no such f***in thing as paying your dues.

If...and I would agree. But, if no charges were brought, we don't know the whole story.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)

Its hard to say Ben raped anyone when nothing was made from either accusation.. it could have been a money grab just as much as he really could have sexually assaulted them.. but he does seem like a pretty big douche either way

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)

Raped a girl wearing a name tag that said DTF......Slut turned money grabber.

People dont hate on Kobe anymore.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
Its hard to say Ben raped anyone when nothing was made from either accusation.. it could have been a money grab just as much as he really could have sexually assaulted them.. but he does seem like a pretty big douche either way

There's no way that the last one was a money grab. The DA didn't feel like he had enough to press charges, between the victim being intoxicated and not wanting to testify. The DA in the case made that clear in the public documents he released; he thought that bad stuff happened, but the evidence requirements in those cases are large.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
So why was he suspended?

Because he did do something wrong. Conduct detrimental...

Whether there was actual sexual assault of some sort is not known for sure, but him getting his name attached to two incidents puts a bad name on the Steelers, the NFL, and him. The NFL did the right thing in suspending him. He should consider himself lucky (and I'm sure he does), because if charges had been filed it could have been worse. Had he been found guilty, the Steelers would have had Leftwich or Batch all season.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
Because he did do something wrong. Conduct detrimental...

Whether there was actual sexual assault of some sort is not known for sure, but him getting his name attached to two incidents puts a bad name on the Steelers, the NFL, and him. The NFL did the right thing in suspending him. He should consider himself lucky (and I'm sure he does), because if charges had been filed it could have been worse. Had he been found guilty, the Steelers would have had Leftwich or Batch all season.

I just don't understand how people could try to make excuses and try to defend someone like this. He's a piece of trash.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
Yet you care enough to click on a post dedicated to the Superbowl you claim to not care about?

PARADOX!

Didn't say I didn't care about what my fellow posters have to say about the SB, about the game itself, not too much.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
couldn't care less about the SB

I'll never understand people following a league for the entire year, then as soon as their team is out of it, they don't care about anything in the league all of a sudden.

IE: a ton of people said they "didn't care/watch" the mlb playoffs/world series this year.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
I'll never understand people following a league for the entire year, then as soon as their team is out of it, they don't care about anything in the league all of a sudden.

IE: a ton of people said they "didn't care/watch" the mlb playoffs/world series this year.

I can see the case with MLB or the NBA since the post season is a huge time commitment, but not for football.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)

Not sure I said that anywhere, but that is me. If the Sox are out...I'm done. If something big happens, I'll see the highlights.

As for football, I don't care about the Superbowl anymore, but I will still watch it for the entertainment value. I don't get as much entertainment value out of baseball without the Sox in it.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
Not sure I said that anywhere, but that is me. If the Sox are out...I'm done. If something big happens, I'll see the highlights.

As for football, I don't care about the Superbowl anymore, but I will still watch it for the entertainment value. I don't get as much entertainment value out of baseball without the Sox in it.

Superbowl parties mean more than the Superbowl does unless your team is in it. Oh, and the commercials are dumb now, too...so we don't even get to look forward to that anymore.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)

I was one of those people who said that after the Sox got eliminated in 06. I also can tell you that I really didn't watch any of the postseason until game 7 of the NLCS that year. Baseball is the only sport I'd ever do that for though, as my love for the Sox is infinitely more so than it is for the sport itself.

I hate that parties are bigger than the game itself. It's the game that's meaningful, but so much is taken away from it due to all the commercial excitement, the long breaks in the game (sometimes it's hard to remember where the ball is on the field, those types of things), etc. It's more of a spectacle than a game.

As such, I think for the first time I'm going to purposely DVR the game, start it late, and be able to watch only the game. Screw the commercials, which aren't more important than the game (to sports fans at least).

The times I do this with other games, on purpose or not it's such a great experience. You are so in tune with the game because it's all game play, no commercials, no riff raff halftime crap (unless you want to watch part of the analysis, which is an easy few minutes to find).

I find that when I have to start a game late, and I catch up to real time, I almost always hit fast forward on accident, and then get pissed off I've caught up.

Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go

Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go Go Pack Go