2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Brandon McCarthy mowing down the Twinkies today (7+innings so far; 0 runs on 8 hits; 5Ks; 0BBs)

Attaboy Brandon. Finish them off.

Edit:

Of course right after I type this they get 2 hits with the middle of their order coming up...

BMac gets relieved so he doesn't have to face Mourneau and Thome with runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Friggin twinkies.

Some old friends certainly helped us out in that series. Thank you Gio, thank you BMac.

Speaking of Gio, I'd bet on him being an allstar this year, he's really freakin good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
I KNOW how early it is. And I'm not about to dismiss the Twins 9 games in. But they haven't looked impressive at all and I see legitimate holes up and down that roster.

Something like 14 extra base hits all season..

The White Sox have scored 62 runs this year. The Twins have 63 base hits this year.

The White Sox have hit 3 homers in a game twice this year. The Twins have 3 homers all year.

It's a long year, but they have not started out very well at all.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
I KNOW how early it is. And I'm not about to dismiss the Twins 9 games in. But they haven't looked impressive at all and I see legitimate holes up and down that roster.

Just wait until they start playing AL Central teams, I'm sure they will suddenly look like contenders again.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Bad news for Joel Zumaya;

Zoom

I am totally going to toot my own horn.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Zumaya is constantly a ticking time bomb. The Tigers should be thankful for anything they get from him this year. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he didn't throw a meaningful pitch.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=2337171

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
I know it is early, but I really didn't get them being a "favorite" in the AL Central. They just aren't that good IMO.

You and I agreed on this. They're a solid offensive ball club, but I just really don't like that pitching staff at all outside of Verlander and Scherzer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Assuming the Indians and Royals are still the Indians and Royals, the division really is ours to lose.

Nah, can't write off the Twins that easily. If the Sox can beat the Twins a few times, then I'll say that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
Nah, can't write off the Twins that easily. If the Sox can beat the Twins a few times, then I'll say that.

Definitely. I've been saying all offseason long that on paper this is our division by far to lose but I don't think any Sox fan at this point is dumb enough to count out the Twins. On the other hand, I'm with you and Mike on the Tigers, I never understood what people saw in them, still don't.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Definitely. I've been saying all offseason long that on paper this is our division by far to lose but I don't think any Sox fan at this point is dumb enough to count out the Twins. On the other hand, I'm with you and Mike on the Tigers, I never understood what people saw in them, still don't.

I know this. I'm just saying on paper, I guess. Last year I felt the Twins had better personnel than we did. Not so much this year. But we had better personnel in 2003, 2004 and 2006. So, yeah, that only goes so far.