2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First time we've beaten Verlander since September of '08. That one felt very good to see offensive production versus one of the best in the league to kickstart our second half.

I know some people have been clamoring for losses out of the gate so make moves to prepare for next year. I, myself, like to see wins. Winning is fun. I'm not ready to pack it in for the season.

Don't stop now, boys! :bringit

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
First time we've beaten Verlander since September of '08. That one felt very good to see offensive production versus one of the best in the league to kickstart our second half.

I know some people have been clamoring for losses out of the gate so make moves to prepare for next year. I, myself, like to see wins. Winning is fun. I'm not ready to pack it in for the season.

Don't stop now, boys! :bringit

Knowing this White Sox team, they will now lose the next 2 games after beating Verlander. These results wouldn't make much sense - beating a guy like Verlander who's been lights out and then losing to ther other guys sounds like a White Sox thing.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
Bobby Jenks back to the DL. 6.32 ERA and a 2.23 WHIP. Safe to say KW was at least right to let his lard ass go.

We got three years of Crain for about the same price as two years of Jenks. I am pretty happy with who we have.

Anyone else watching this Twins game? Funny, the announcers just mentioning that they will gain ground on the top 2 teams in the division if they can hold the lead in the 9th. The way he said it was like the White Sox aren't even on the radar for these guys, and I guess you cannot blame them considering they own us....hopefully we can turn things around and become respectable with them again

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Anyone else watching this Twins game? Funny, the announcers just mentioning that they will gain ground on the top 2 teams in the division if they can hold the lead in the 9th. The way he said it was like the White Sox aren't even on the radar for these guys, and I guess you cannot blame them considering they own us....hopefully we can turn things around and become respectable with them again

We do te same thing though, counting to the division lead even though there are 2 teams ahead of us.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
We do te same thing though, counting to the division lead even though there are 2 teams ahead of us.

Not to mention that they wouldn't be gaining ground on us because we won today.

Sox are now League Leaders in Fielding PCTG with a .988 Average!!! Gordo and AJ have the best %'s.

Also 12th in ERA with a 3.79 AVG. I can see us dropping that to about 3.5ish and winding up in the top 10.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)

f*** the Twins

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)
Sox are now League Leaders in Fielding PCTG with a .988 Average!!! Gordo and AJ have the best %'s.

Also 12th in ERA with a 3.79 AVG. I can see us dropping that to about 3.5ish and winding up in the top 10.

The fielding percentage is surprising, considering we have Pierre and Teahen on the team. A.J.'s no defensive wizard either.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
The fielding percentage is surprising, considering we have Pierre and Teahen on the team. A.J.'s no defensive wizard either.

Fielding percentage is a misleading statistic though. While obviously it is really good not to make errors, other teams have better range overall than us and thus, make more balls put in play outs.

And our ability to stop a running game is atrocious.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)

I thought aside from throwing, AJ was supposed to be one of the better defensive catchers in the game.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)

Not only is the fielding percentage great, but I bet our range is near the top of the league as well, especially in the IF.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
Fielding percentage is a misleading statistic though. While obviously it is really good not to make errors, other teams have better range overall than us and thus, make more balls put in play outs.

Morel, Beckham, and Ramirez have to be at the top of their positions, or close to it, for how much range they have. Rios has to be a top half guy as well.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)

Look who you is talking to bro. :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
Morel, Beckham, and Ramirez have to be at the top of their positions, or close to it, for how much range they have. Rios has to be a top half guy as well.

I think our infield is stellar...except there is very little range at 1b.

The OF this year has been atrocious. Carlos Quentin has been our most reliable OF.