2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Well they called an off the ball foul on Buford to give him his fourth. Deshawn Thomas has 3 too. Not quite even yet.

There's a little home court, but once zeller went to the bench it was starting to even out.

This has been a pretty fairly called 2nd half, very tight on both sides. Wasn't really watching the refs in the first half because i was drinking.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 06:45 PM)
There's a little home court, but once zeller went to the bench it was starting to even out.

This has been a pretty fairly called 2nd half, very tight on both sides. Wasn't really watching the refs in the first half because i was drinking.

Yeah, this half has been pretty even. Awful for both sides. It seems like the refs want to make this more about them than letting the kids just play. Frustrating game to watch.

Considering the crappy way the refs called this game the whole way through, Craft was fouled on the drive on a reach in. Not that I expect the refs to make a call against the home team in the last minute, but that was pretty bad. The refs made this a terrible game to watch.

I underestimated Crean as a coach. He is amazing at gameplanning. To be able to take out potential mismatches out of their game by getting them into foul trouble is pretty special.

He effectively took Anthony Davis out of the game with early foul trouble. UKs defensive anchor and a huge energy guy. And now he was able to effectively take Buford, Thomas, and Sullinger out of their game by hampering all three of them with foul trouble. To know that tOSU relies on those three so heavily on offense and then to be able to get all of them in foul trouble. Perfect. tOSU is usually able to hide their lack of depth by staying out of foul trouble. That is a strength of their team. Not fouling.

Not against Crean though.

Or maybe it was homecourt advantage. Who knows?

-- I'm admittedly biased. I'm a huge illini fan, so I hate IU basketball (I hate tOSU too and have watched a lot of their games). Congratulations on IUs two huge wins. I wish Weber could get us wins like that. I just honestly think the game was a bit fishy. A win is a win though. Congrats.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
-- I'm admittedly biased. I'm a huge illini fan, so I hate IU basketball (I hate tOSU too and have watched a lot of their games). Congratulations on IUs two huge wins. I wish Weber could get us wins like that. I just honestly think the game was a bit fishy. A win is a win though. Congrats.

Said it before, will say it now. We're not better than Ohio State. But it's been a long time since home court advantage and some lucky shooting was enough for IU to overcome a top seed. Now we've beaten 2 top 2 seeds in 3 weeks. And for those who want to complain about the refs, maybe it was iffy, but we still lost Zeller.

So F*** it. A couple more wins and we're a tourney team again.

Stop coming to Assembly if you're ranked in the top 2.

It doesn't go well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Said it before, will say it now. We're not better than Ohio State. But it's been a long time since home court advantage and some lucky shooting was enough for IU to overcome a top seed. Now we've beaten 2 top 2 seeds in 3 weeks. And for those who want to complain about the refs, maybe it was iffy, but we still lost Zeller.

So F*** it. A couple more wins and we're a tourney team again.

Stop coming to Assembly if you're ranked in the top 2.

It doesn't go well.

Barring a complete collapse, IU is playing for seed the rest of this year

So happy for Crean. Still can't get over just how much better Oladipo (and Sheehey) got over the off season. Also Indiana got a commitment from Wisconsin native 6-10 Luke Fischer after the game. Big pick-up for the Hoosiers.

Wisconsin hits a 3 with time/no time left to tie the game in OT. Basket clock had 0.0 and red, a time on the ring between 100 and 200 level had .1 left. Waved it off after review (there has to be something in the rules what is the official game clock, logically it makes sense the one on the basket is).

Bo Ryan had a nice "motherf***er" in there. Unless I see otherwise, they got it right, plus it's your own building, maybe someone should fix that...

So, Mizzou beat Oklahoma by 38. Damn.

And Kadeem Green transfers.

I put that as my status and one of my friends commented "Leaving 7 scholarships"

Now, he was on the team with Shannon Scott (OSU) and a bunch of other D1 kids last year in HS. He wants to try out for the Mizzou team next year (I actually think if he fixes his 3, he can make it).

So I said "That leaves one available..."

"Hopefully for a 5-star recruit"

And it went over his head.

1st time in about 9 years I am not attending the Illini game in Evanston. I always enjoy the game, but I've lost all faith in Weber and the program right now, so would rather not invest all the time & money in it for now. They will probably pull off an upset or two this year, but I don't think any game is a guaranteed win, even home vs. Nebraska.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Murray State has a legit shot at a perfect season. I wonder where that would leave them as a seed.

Considering that there's only one team in their conference in the RPI Top 200, I think a #5 seed is about as high as they can go, depending on who they get in the BracketBusters.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
So, Mizzou beat Oklahoma by 38. Damn.

And Kadeem Green transfers.

I put that as my status and one of my friends commented "Leaving 7 scholarships"

Now, he was on the team with Shannon Scott (OSU) and a bunch of other D1 kids last year in HS. He wants to try out for the Mizzou team next year (I actually think if he fixes his 3, he can make it).

So I said "That leaves one available..."

"Hopefully for a 5-star recruit"

And it went over his head.

With the way we were stacking up players you knew somebody was going to have to go. We were on pace to have a full roster next year which I don't think we've had the past decade.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
1st time in about 9 years I am not attending the Illini game in Evanston. I always enjoy the game, but I've lost all faith in Weber and the program right now, so would rather not invest all the time & money in it for now. They will probably pull off an upset or two this year, but I don't think any game is a guaranteed win, even home vs. Nebraska.

I'm sorta in the same boat. The Gonzaga game mixed with a lot of the close wins really got me excited that with continued growth this team could be dangerous come Feb-March. But it seems they've regressed. UNLV was just a bad game, the Missouri game gave me hope but really Mizzou tried to lose it as much as Illinois tried to win it, and the start to the Big Ten hasn't been very promising. Of course a loss at Purdue isn't a bad loss since Purdue gets away with raping everyone on defense, but still. That whole completely unbeatable at home thing that was so great for about 5-6 season, but that's totally gone now.

I had high expectations that they'd be a fringe Big Ten title contender. But I think it's more likely this is a 9-11 seed tourney team with little shot at moving past the first weekend.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I just don't understand how a team full of D1 talent cannot get the ball to the post. They refuse to throw the ball in, despite Leonard's clear size advantage. If I were Weber I would threaten the bench if Leonard doesn't get a touch in the post on EACH possession.