White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Weather was beautiful on Saturday, only 26k. Sunday was even nicer, and I believe it was less.

Where are you getting that number for Saturday? I was there and it seemed like more than that.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
2005 the stars aligned, you cant count on that.

If you want to compete every year, you are going to have to spend $100mil in todays game.

The stars have to align any year you win a championship. Who says the Sox can't spend $100M a year regularly? According to Forbes their operating income last year was $27.1M(!!) when they drew only 2.3M.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
That was the number on the video screen they showed.

It is still April if they are playing well and the weather warms people will be out there especially if the cub does not pick up. Tampa was 0-6 and not worth going for. It was great weather to work outside for the first time all year.

All excuses but they are valid.

You can hope that the ownership is just going to blindly throw money at the team even with poor attendance, but that isnt what I believe.

You can make all the excuses you want, but plenty other teams are drawing 20k or so on weeknights.

I actually feel like Reinsdorf and the ownership may feel disrespected, they went out and got a good product, and people still dont show. Its just frustrating to watch the same thing every year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
You can hope that the ownership is just going to blindly throw money at the team even with poor attendance, but that isnt what I believe.

You can make all the excuses you want, but plenty other teams are drawing 20k or so on weeknights.

I actually feel like Reinsdorf and the ownership may feel disrespected, they went out and got a good product, and people still dont show. Its just frustrating to watch the same thing every year.

We should all start cloning ourselves to fill the seats.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)

Did you really expect big crowds in April?

I expected a lot more than this.

This is really the worst attendance Ive ever seen and its on the heels of the Sox spending a ton of money. Ive gone to a ton of April games, and this year its just way worse (so far). I dont know, its just seems a lot worse (maybe statistics would say otherwise).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Im not blaming anyone, I dont know why the Sox dont draw.

Hawks draw, Bears draw, Bulls draw, Cubs draw.

It just annoys me as a Sox fan obviously.

cub opening day was not sold out two days before the game and there are plenty of empty seats every game.