fire walker

lord chas

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 3, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
At this point Id say the likely result is Walker resigns or is given a different position with the club.

I think hes pretty well liked, but at some point you gotta change, even if its just for changes sake.

I don't think they should give him another job with the organization. That hardly upholds accountability which, along with attempting to light a fire under the team, is basically the only reason to do this.

What do you mean accountability?

If Walker comes to work, he does more than is asked of him, he is well liked and respected, what should he be held accountable for?

Results do not always mean who was the best. I would have no problem with Walker working in the front office, by all accounts hes a solid well liked guy.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)

If Walker comes to work, he does more than is asked of him, he is well liked and respected, what should he be held accountable for?

Results do not always mean who was the best. I would have no problem with Walker working in the front office, by all accounts hes a solid well liked guy.

I think they did this with Gary Ward. He was relieved of his duties as hitting coach (and Greg Walker was hired), and within a year or two he was the hitting coach at Charlotte.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just that (if I am remembering correctly), there is precedent for such a move.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
I think they did this with Gary Ward. He was relieved of his duties as hitting coach (and Greg Walker was hired), and within a year or two he was the hitting coach at Charlotte.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just that (if I am remembering correctly), there is precedent for such a move.

No one has to worry. If Greg Walker isn't the hitting coach for the White Sox, he's going home to Georgia.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)

If you fire someone for not getting a job done, I think it's rather stupid to just move them to another job with your company.

I say again.

Any and every White Sox employee holds the email:

firstname.lastname@whitesox.com

This was true a couple years ago. Can't imagine they changed it. Greg Walker is greg.walker@whitesox.com, as an example.

Go nuts. Tell them how you feel. They work for us.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
I say again.

Any and every White Sox employee holds the email:

firstname.lastname@whitesox.com

This was true a couple years ago. Can't imagine they changed it. Greg Walker is greg.walker@whitesox.com, as an example.

Go nuts. Tell them how you feel. They work for us.

So post your email so we can do the same.

They need to get Big Frank in that clubhouse & on the field. He can help the batters. He was around last year for awhile & he seemed to help out. Walker is not all bad, he is however left handed, & a big fan of the Walt Hriniak style of hitting. Not bad, but adding another set of eyes to help with analyzing the different swings & someone with other philosophies on hitting could help out a lot.

They need to get Big Frank in that clubhouse & on the field. He can help the batters. He was around last year for awhile & he seemed to help out. Walker is not all bad, he is however left handed, & a big fan of the Walt Hriniak style of hitting. Not bad, but adding another set of eyes to help with analyzing the different swings & someone with other philosophies on hitting could help out a lot.

Frank would be boss. He would absolutely WEAR pitchers out until he got what he wanted.

Walker sucks. I'm old enough that I remember how completely boring and uneventful he was.

But, I had to look up his idol. So one sucked and another who couldn't even make the big leagues.

*Edit - Can we get Chuck Lau? He taught Ferris how to hit in that movie where his grandpa was rich.... Is he still alive/available?

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)

Big frank had a fairly bizarre, fairly unique hitting style that probably can't be applied to most other guys, and he's never been thought of to have the most open our outgoing personality. The fact that he could hit like crazy doesn't mean he would automatically be a great coach.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
this is brutal he has to go

I don't understand. Hitting coaches have no affect on hitters so why bother changing them? I'm surprised every other team in MLB changes their hitting coach when their offense struggles. Seems odd really.