Charlotte

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...tolaaa_chraaa_1

Birmingham

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...monaax_biraax_1

Winston-Salem

ppd

Kannapolis

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...kanafx_hagafx_1

Petricka struck Harper out in his first AB.

RBI double Blanke. Dude needs to move up.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 17, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
Aw, son of a b****. I hope it's just tightness and nothing serious.

That's what I hope too. He is one of the few worthwhile prospects that has emerged from the Sox system this year, despite only being in Low-A.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
Dayan's the special one. If I was KW, I'd let him keep working hard to earn it. See if he can stay on this roll of plate discipline for the rest of May. Hopefully Pierre can get hot for 2 weeks and fetch something.

More than that..I really like the BB pace he's showing lately. That's right where he needs to be; hammering the ball when it is in the zone but laying off enough pitches to force people to pitch to him.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
McPherson will have to be DFA'd and will not clear waivers, thus losing depth at AAA.

Has the opinion of him changed that much in six weeks that he went from not even getting a spring training invite to being claimed for a 25 man roster somewhere?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
Dayan's the special one. If I was KW, I'd let him keep working hard to earn it. See if he can stay on this roll of plate discipline for the rest of May. Hopefully Pierre can get hot for 2 weeks and fetch something.

Like what, a frisbee? Pierre is beyond worthless. Hell, unless he's willing to play in the minors, his season could be over if we were DFA. I doubt any major league teams would take a chance on him without playing well in AAA first.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 17, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
6 walks in 55 May ABs for Viciedo. It's almost not worth joking about anymore. Almost.

The importance of this shouldn't be understated. For a guy known for lacking plate discipline, to suddenly start drawing walks at an above average rate and still hit well... this is very good to see.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
The importance of this shouldn't be understated. For a guy known for lacking plate discipline, to suddenly start drawing walks at an above average rate and still hit well... this is very good to see.

He is only 22 years old, too. I mean he is still incredibly young, and it is so nice to see him adjusting so well. He is absolutely ranking at AAA right now after hitting very well in his stint in the majors last year.

Seems like it would be the perfect time to insert his hot bat in a struggling lineup, especially when you have his position open basically by futility. Sigh.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
He is only 22 years old, too. I mean he is still incredibly young, and it is so nice to see him adjusting so well. He is absolutely ranking at AAA right now after hitting very well in his stint in the majors last year.

Seems like it would be the perfect time to insert his hot bat in a struggling lineup, especially when you have his position open basically by futility. Sigh.

That's the thing I wonder if is why he keeps getting held back. Not only is he 22, but he has been here for a very short amount of time. At least I hope that is why.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
That's the thing I wonder if is why he keeps getting held back. Not only is he 22, but he has been here for a very short amount of time. At least I hope that is why.

What's holding him back is White Sox idiocy.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)

You can make the opposite case quite easily here. He's settling into doing exactly what he needs to do, being somewhat patient and killing the ball when pitchers pitch to him. But...he's been doing that for all of what, 2, 3 weeks now, and doing so without having to break through a second slump?

There's benefit long-term to having him getting used to beating people up just like this in AAA.

That doesn't mean this is the best thing for winning the Central this year, but if you want to do the best thing possible for DV's long term development...a few more weeks/a couple months of this level of performance in AAA is the best thing you can do for him.