Jerry must be so proud

fathom

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:07 AM)
It's getting to the point that calling somebody a 'nerd' is going to spark outrage. This is ridiculous. Getz and Beckham are good friends. Gordon was messing around. Simple as that. If you want to hate on Gordon for being bad at baseball, go for it. This? GMAB.

I hear u but u can't do that publicly, just can't.

It really does make me wonder bout Gordon's IQ.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
I hear u but u can't do that publicly, just can't.

It really does make me wonder bout Gordon's IQ.

Um, OK? No, this is just getting stupid now. Kobe says f** in the heat of the moment and then, "OMG! Kobe insulted every f***ing gay person to walk the face of the earth! Off with his head!". LeBron says retarded when the stupid ass reporter asked a question that no doubt could be classified as retarded and, "Sweet Jesus! That bastard LeBron! Suspend him for a month!" And now this Gordon s***? Get some thicker skin you f***ing crybabies.

Oh, and that wasn't aimed at anybody at this board. Just people in general. People are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too sensitive these days.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
Um, OK? No, this is just getting stupid now. Kobe says f** in the heat of the moment and then, "OMG! Kobe insulted every f***ing gay person to walk the face of the earth! Off with his head!". LeBron says retarded when the stupid ass reporter asked a question that no doubt could be classified as retarded and, "Sweet Jesus! That bastard LeBron! Suspend him for a month!" And now this Gordon s***? Get some thicker skin you f***ing crybabies.

:notworthy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)

Oh, and that wasn't aimed at anybody at this board. Just people in general. People are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too sensitive these days.

You can't even handle when people argue a point with you, and you are telling people that they are way to sensitive? Excuse me for a minute... :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
You can't even handle when people argue a point with you, and you are telling people that they are way to sensitive? Excuse me for a minute... :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I can't? This is news to me. I've never had a problem with anyone disagreeing with me. You can't have strong opinions such as mine and worry about trivial s*** like that. People around here are the ones that get upset with me. Not the other way around.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)

I understand your point, but our world is too far out there now to fix it.

Look, Gordon can't be that f***ing stupid to think putting 'getz is gay' in the dirt isn't a very very bad idea.

There's no turning back now. We are a politically correct society over the deep end.

I nearly got fired for wishing somebody a merry christmas one year.

Gordon must be a dumb box of rocks if he did that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
I understand your point, but our world is too far out there now to fix it.

Look, Gordon can't be that f***ing stupid to think putting 'getz is gay' in the dirt isn't a very very bad idea.

There's no turning back now. We are a politically correct society over the deep end.

I nearly got fired for wishing somebody a merry christmas one year.

Gordon must be a dumb box of rocks if he did that.

I think I speak for the entire board (s***, universe) when I say what the hell is this?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:53 AM)
I see. Well next time that happens tell them to go f*** themselves.

That's what message boards are for, Jordan.

Can't act like that in real life.

:lolhitting

But it's true, society is too sensitive.what bothers me is that all these people who made an issue of this, I mean gay people call themselves gay, so what's the issue, if you get offended don't call youreselfs that, set the example don't go out and get offended if a straight person uses the word

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
That's what message boards are for, Jordan.

Can't act like that in real life.

You got fired anyway, right? That's what I would've done. I probably would've taken 16 laxatives after eating 2-day old White Castle and went to work all throughout the building.

I laughed. They're friends and Getz probably laughed too.

There was no malice in it, just friendly ribbing.

It would have been funny had Getz put "Beckham is a b****" when he saw it.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:31 AM)
You got fired anyway, right? That's what I would've done. I probably would've taken 16 laxatives after eating 2-day old White Castle and went to work all throughout the building.

No, I'm sorry.

I thought I said I almost got fired.

I got reprimanded. Sorry.

“I was riding my bike down Michigan Avenue at 1 a.m. the other night, clearing my head, thinking about every part of this team,’’ (Kenny) Williams said finally. “Thinking of what could fit here or there, this piece and that, what could go right, what could go wrong, every tiny detail, but I didn’t think of this.’’

Williams shook his head. He spoke then about the way the game has changed, about the constant scrutiny, about the way everything is frantically observed and analyzed and how nothing that goes on at a pro sports venue is private. Maybe nothing, anywhere.

“I’m disappointed,’’ Williams said. “I know Gordon, the man, and I can’t think less of him because I do know him. And I know he and Getz are friends, but we traded Getz and Josh Fields in the offseason [before the 2010 season] for Mark Teahen.

“But I’m just disappointed for this to come on the heels of the Kobe Bryant thing, and [Joakim] Noah, and, yes, a number of years ago, the issue with Ozzie [Guillen]. There just needs to be a greater awareness of when you’re in the public eye. Something between two friends meant as a joke? Well, you’re representing not just yourself, but your team, your sport, your family.’’

Williams thought for a few more moments.

“The organization didn’t do it,’’ he said firmly. “He did it. He should apologize for making us less than what we stand for.’’ (My comment: Sure, like the way you treated Frank Thomas and numerous other situations over the years...Get off your high horse.)

The Friday evening game against the Twins is about to start. But Beckham is so rattled he asks Scott Reifert, the Sox’ senior vice president of communications, to please find the newspaper writer and ask him if they can speak again in the tunnel outside the clubhouse.

The writer takes the elevator down from the press box, and he and Beckham sit on chairs in the hallway.

The poor guy looks devastated.

“I just want you to know that that’s not me,’’ he said. “I don’t use slurs. I have a lot of gay friends. I didn’t mean it as anything ­— you know, like gay as in . . . happy! Or, you know, an alliteration — ‘Getz is gay.’ ’’ (He should have majored in public relations/spin doctoring)

He should be getting ready to take the field soon, but this is more important to him. (And not his season-long slump, haha)

“It’s the first time I’ve ever done anything like that with Chris,’’ he said. “And I didn’t even see his reaction. I asked him afterward if he was going to write anything back, and he said no. It was wrong. It was stupid. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I wish I could take it back, but I can’t.’’

You can almost see the gears in Beckham’s mind turning, pondering the odd, frightening implications of doing something thoughtlessly, impishly in public.

“I won’t do that again,’’ he said, almost to himself, hoping, of course, that the dirt has been wiped clean.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)
It would have been funny had Getz put "Beckham is a b****" when he saw it.

Well, I find using the B word offensive to women.. cant say that