Jerry must be so proud

fathom

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
So nice of you to be judge and jury with your last statement. Backsliding, yes. But not the way you view it. You seem very n****rdly when it comes forgiving Beckham.

Obfuscation much? And did you mean backtracking and not backsliding? The use of the word "n****rdly" is intended to show someone as miserly or cheap, so how does the use of that word apply to my post?

Some people's excuse for humor isn't humorous at all.

Edited by wallyburger

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Definitely someone I hope to never meet in real life.

When I read "not natural" it got me thinking.

Is anything humans do natural? We aren't that instinctive a species anymore. We think and s*** too much.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
This is the worst post I've ever seen on here.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
I thought so, too.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Definitely someone I hope to never meet in real life.

I agree. If it was meant as a joke, it didn't work. And if it wasn't a joke, well...

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Writing "gay" in that sense means you are a p****, a sissy, a wimp. To the extent it is disparaging toward gays, it is calling them sissies (which is how many gay men affirmatively act). Overblown.

I'm glad you're around to let people know whether they should be offended by something.

Writing "gay" in that sense means you are a p****, a sissy, a wimp. To the extent it is disparaging toward gays, it is calling them sissies (which is how many gay men affirmatively act). Overblown.

agreed

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)

I'm sick of this s***. That's funny.

But yeah, how dumb do you have to be to do that in such a public forum.

I both hate and love Gordon for doing this.

If only his offensive abilities could rival his comedic abilities.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Also works here

I'm not allowed to be disappointed if my son is gay? Would you not be disappointed? I think most red blooded men would be. Doesn't mean we'd show it, but are there people out there who actually want a gay child?

I'm not allowed to be disappointed if my son is gay? Would you not be disappointed? I think most red blooded men would be. Doesn't mean we'd show it, but are there people out there who actually want a gay child?

no.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)

A lot of gay people probably do...

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)

No, I wouldn't, because I'm not a bigot and would just want my child to be happy with someone they love. My father wasn't disappointed when my brother came out.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)

Obviously I don't know you in real life or even that well from this board but I don't think you'd feel that way. Yeah you might be disappointed or taken aback or any other feelings you might have, and that's pretty common, but considering by then you'd have already known your son all these years you'd probably get over it eventually.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
No, I wouldn't, because I'm not a bigot and would just want my child to be happy with someone they love. My father wasn't disappointed when my brother came out.

Some people don't even care if they offend it seems.

They just want the world to be the way they see it.

Gordon could have written, Getz is a Geek or Getz Is a Stiff. It's not like he was putting together an essay on Getz, he was writing in the dirt.

He showed lack of intelligence by writing what he did.

Everybody should chill and this should close this thread.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
I have no problem with gay people. But my son? Sorry, I'd be embarrassed and ashamed to know that my son was takin' it in the booty. Sorry to be so cynical.

Cmon Jordan. You know better than to post some crud like you just posted. How old are you? Can't we make the Internet a better place? Would you post that if you had to put your real name and occupation on here?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Cmon Jordan. You know better than to post some crud like you just posted. How old are you? Can't we make the Internet a better place? Would you post that if you had to put your real name and occupation on here?

What? Flysox had a point. I'm not afraid to admit that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
What? Flysox had a point. I'm not afraid to admit that.

He had a point that he'd be disappointed as a father if his child turned out to be gay and implied that any 'real' man would be disappointed as well.

You can have a point, but that point can be terrible.

I'm not so sure about gay people wanting their adopted kids to be gay, either.

Research has proven that the likelihood of that kid turning out gay (when adopted) is actually at a lower/lesser rate than the general population %.

Some believe this "overcorrection" is due to the ubiquitous belief in the straight community that gay parents "teach" their kids to be gay, therefore, adoption by lesbian/gay parents shouldn't be allowed...always leading back to the same nature/nurture argument which will never be resolved to anyone's satisfaction.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
I'm glad you're around to let people know whether they should be offended by something.

Have you ever called one of your friends gay or a f**? I think 99.9 percent of people here have. I also haven't seen any quotes from anyone in the gay communty about this thing.

It probably was dumb to scratch it in the dirt, but man people are being criticized for things the people doing the criticizing do or have done probably many times. This PC movement is getting ridiculous.

If it were such a huge deal, how come in this world of instant stories, did it take 4 days for the whole thing to come out? The media finally got the story and Telander threw it out there not because it hurt anyone, because only a few people even knew about it, but so he could publicly scold a professional athlete.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Have you ever called one of your friends gay or a f**? I think 99.9 percent of people here have. I also haven't seen any quotes from anyone in the gay communty about this thing.

And I regret the time that I did it to this day. One of the worst things that came out of my mouth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Have you ever called one of your friends gay or a f**? I think 99.9 percent of people here have.

Sure, but after realizing why it's harmful, I stopped. Same with retard etc. That said...

I also haven't seen any quotes from anyone in the gay communty about this thing.

This whole thing seems really overblown. Someone could take 5 minutes to explain to Gordon 1) why that's unprofessional and 2) why it's offensive and the whole situation is done. No need to jump all over him and make a big story out of it. I don't really care that Gordon did this, but then again, I'm not gay. There's been way more offensive things said ITT.

Edited by StrangeSox