White Sox vs. Twins, 1:10 CT, CSN

kageman129

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
I think at this point it's safe to say Peavy is at least a semi bi-product of Petco Park.

No, He came to chicago and his stuff declined, then he had a major, rare injury and now his stuff is gone. During the relief appearance, he had the San Diego Peavy stuff, and he struck out 7 in four innings. That is the guy KW traded for. Peavy is a shell of his former self stuff wise.

Edited by Elgin Slim

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Definitely mysterious what happened to his stuff.

Perhaps the injuries have taken their toll. He was really nibbling in that last inning...guys with superior stuff shouldn't nibble. Just go and pitch. Unfortunately, Jake doesn't have superior stuff anymore.

That at bat tells you Dunn is simply finished.

He can't hit that unknown's straight fastball?

Dunn might single-handedly ruin our franchise. 4 years of that?

At some point the fans CANNOT come out anymore to see that guy whiff. It is a SERIOUS problem unless they start batting him ninth as a sideshow.

IT IS NOT UNPRECEDENTED FOR A GUY HIS AGE TO JUST BE SUDDENLY FINISHED.

Peavy's had that 95 MPH fastball at least 2 times this season.

There's just no other choice but to be patient....and hope that it comes back. What else can do they do? We are 8-2 in his starts, although it feels like the same stat when Danny Wright or James Baldwin had good records but didn't pitch all that well.

From everything that you read, it's a gradual process where he's not expected to be 100% again for another 3-6 months at least.

And there's just no way that relief outing helped any.

I picked up on a quote in an article today that KW is ready to make major changes in PLAYERS and maybe the win yesterday and if we win today that might simmer down. But, now we have more of the same ineptness by the offense. I am going to say we still have some game to play, but this looks pretty bad. Maybe this all-star break will see some changes

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I posted this in the Sox catch-all thread the other day, but Peavy said his arm feels fatigued right now. Ozzie really needs to be more cautious with him during the 2nd half of the year.

Wow, the guy has made 8 starts and one relief appearance and he's already fatigued?