Sox "uncharacteristically quiet" on trade front

southsider2k5

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
We better win at least 5 of 6 or lose at least 5 of 6. That way decisions can be made to stay in this or to bail out, instead of being caught in the middle.

That is my feeling as well. If they can go 5-1, or at least 4-2, that goes a long way. 2-4 or worse, it is time to sell. 3-3 would be the ultimate in frustration for everyone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
Not that it hasn't made sense and was the most logical move for at least 2 months, but it makes a lot of sense now as this weekend and the beginning of next week are against the teams ahead of them. The next 6 games could make or break the Sox, then they play Boston and the Yankees.

Terry Boers Sox contact says Sox are "desperate" to trade Quentin and Jackson, and that top prospects arent being offered for either player. Says 7 teams have been in contact about those two players

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
Terry Boers Sox contact says Sox are "desperate" to trade Quentin and Jackson, and that top prospects arent being offered for either player. Says 7 teams have been in contact about those two players

If that is true, that is what is holding up Viciedo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
If that is true, that is what is holding up Viciedo.

Yep and I didnt expect top prospects for either. I would take what you get for Jackson and hopefully you atleast get something decent for Carlos.

Cowley was saying the same thing about Quentin and Jackson possibly being on the way out. Pretty simple, if you don't get a good package for Quentin, you don't trade him. There's plenty of other at bats you can find Viciedo for the rest of this season.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
Yep and I didnt expect top prospects for either. I would take what you get for Jackson and hopefully you atleast get something decent for Carlos.

Based upon the lack of pitching available on the market, it would be silly to just give up Jackson for anything you can get.