113 members have voted

1. 1. Well, What are you?

• In
    • Out

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
I've never understood these threads myself because I'm always in. I thought it was about time for it though. f*** the Tigers.

What does always in mean? Always a fan? Of course I'm always a fan. Thinking the Sox can win the Division? I haven't always been thinking that, but I'm thinking it again. :gosox1:

This team is an enigma. When playing to their potential, they are capable of beating the best teams in the majors. The Sox have the pitching and the hitting to do so, and there is no reason this team, as assembled, cannot win the World Series. The problem with this team is that they are so wildly inconsistent. The "clutch" factor is also missing most of the time. In 2005, pretty much every player was "clutch". They just don't seem to WANT it enough. Motivation and desire are very strong factors that just seem to be missing more often than not.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
Cardinals, Rockies, Giants.

Pretty much this.

The White Sox consistently beat the teams who are "better" than them. The playoffs would test that consistency.

Teams scrape and claw to get to the post season.. then teams scrape and claw to get to the World Series... then teams scrape and claw to win the World Series. This is how it works.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)
6 are "out"?

Come on, have the balls to cop to it

I voted "out". I still follow each game and hope for a W, but I can't get back "in" yet. Getting over .500 & cutting the lead to 1.5 games could do it though. Just seen this team piss on its leg too many times when they had a chance to make a move. (Especially with 10 games left vs. MIN)

I will say that against the 3 other probable AL playoff teams, the Sox are 7-5, so I don't know one can assume they will get swept if they make it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
I voted "out". I still follow each game and hope for a W, but I can't get back "in" yet. Getting over .500 & cutting the lead to 1.5 games could do it though. Just seen this team piss on its leg too many times when they had a chance to make a move. (Especially with 10 games left vs. MIN)

I will say that against the 3 other probable AL playoff teams, the Sox are 7-5, so I don't know one can assume they will get swept if they make it.

The Sox are actually 11-4 versus the teams that are in first place in the AL.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
The Sox are actually 11-4 versus the teams that are in first place in the AL.

I just stuck with the teams the Sox would actually face in playoffs, but yeah, they have been able to play with the top teams. It's those lapses vs. the bottom feeders that has me worried about their chances to make it to the playoffs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
I just stuck with the teams the Sox would actually face in playoffs, but yeah, they have been able to play with the top teams. It's those lapses vs. the bottom feeders that has me worried about their chances to make it to the playoffs.

This is the most bizarre team I can ever remember the Sox having.

Out. White Flag it, blow this thing up, and lets re-tool. The sooner we get guys out on the market the better return we will get and the sooner we will be contending again. The future is pretty bleak for the Sox as it stands - KC will be a force over the next five years, the Indians are starting to figure it out and have more help on the way, the Twins are well stocked (though they may be handcuffed by Morneau), Detroit has a pretty young core with Jackson, Cabrera, Avila, Boesch, and Verlander.

The Sox most likely wont be able to sign CQ after next season with all the money that is committed to existing contracts and extenstions, the same with Danks and MB after this year. The rest of the core group is past their prime.

I understand going for it because this is likely the final chance this group will have, but if the Sox want to remain competitive long term and not switch positions with KC in the standings for five years it is time to re-tool the system and the team in Chicago.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
It should be, but many people hate this gm and/or manager so much that I wouldn't put it past them to want them to fail.

I can't speak for anyone else but there is nothing I want to see more than the White Sox winning, even with KW or that moron at the helm.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
Definitely out. This team is built to dissapoint.

I would much rather see young kids with some life in a complete rebuild.

You picked the wrong organization. With Kenny as GM he's already got the system were a rebuild would take a loooooooooong time.