113 members have voted

1. 1. Well, What are you?

• In
    • Out

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:15 AM)
A win tonight would have gone a long way. Now there's a part of me that wants them to wake up Saturday morning 7 games out, just to see what would happen the rest of the weekend.

Tonight's game sure sucked.

Getting four off Verlander and losing.

Gotta win home games. Our team still looks like it'll never break .500.

Amazing season.

And still no Dayan.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Out!

I think most fans would tend toward out after last night's blah game.

If we win today, many may be leaning toward 'in' again.

If we lose, there will be a mass rush toward the exits.

Gotta be in after the win today. Today's game (well, really the series as a whole) was the make or break for me. We'll see how the rest of the trade deadline changes the team. It would be nice to make another move that certainly improves the team instead of this trade, which kind of just changes the team around.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
In, while attempting to future proof the team a bit. Get some new, young starters and an OF or 3B while not totally disintegrating the team.

I'm in too. I think changes like these will help change things up. KW's Rios to the bench comments gave me hope. Let's get some young hungry players in the mix and hope for strong pitching. Dunn is looking less bad since the break even if his number have not radically improved...yet.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Once out, wouldn't getting back in be jumping on the band wagon? So if the Sox make a run this season, no one who is out will get on board?

Who cares? They don't give trophies or ticket discounts to "real" fans.

In. The first start of the year was ruff and we didn't play great, but I have a feeling. This year we have had a bad Adam Dunn. Beckham started slow. Danks had bad luck earlier. Rios has been garbage, but now De Aza is mixing it up the way lillibridge did earlier in the year. All in!!!

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
Out. The GM has no clue on how to trade.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
Once out, wouldn't getting back in be jumping on the band wagon? So if the Sox make a run this season, no one who is out will get on board?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Add "indifferent".

1.) His lousy trades are growing old, real old. Man he is underwhelming.

2.) No. Most of us follow the team every day. Who cares if we don't believe at the present time?

3.) Great post. I still am indifferent as well. No Dayan has made me that way. If Dunn somehow gets hot and Beckham and Lexi start raking and Rios stays on the bench and DeAza excels, maybe I'll believe. We're not taking advantage of a pretty good offensive season from AJP, that's for sure.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
Out. The GM has no clue on how to trade.

Or run a farm system. Fans always complain, "why don't they teach these guys the fundamental?"

I think that is the least concern of KW. The organization may reflect that. If there are negative patterns emerging in the minors than he needs to hold the instruction and scouting more accountable.

Guys I tried. I look forward to every game and still digest so much white sox stuff.

But I'm done with 2011. I'm done with the obsession with bad grindy players. Done with the off the field stuff. Done with the excuses from this team as to why they suck. Done with the "well they'll get on a winning streak" lie. It's over. The window on anything is closed. You're White Sox dark ages are coming. The next 5-7 years are going to be brutal.

I need to watch real baseball. I need mlb.tv. Welcome to the pennant race.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:05 AM)
Guys I tried. I look forward to every game and still digest so much white sox stuff.

But I'm done with 2011. I'm done with the obsession with bad grindy players. Done with the off the field stuff. Done with the excuses from this team as to why they suck. Done with the "well they'll get on a winning streak" lie. It's over. The window on anything is closed. You're White Sox dark ages are coming. The next 5-7 years are going to be brutal.

I need to watch real baseball. I need mlb.tv. Welcome to the pennant race.

Funny how Sox and Twins might have the bleakest futures in the AL Central.