Why is Bruney not in Charlotte?

caulfield12

His inexcusable act ended up in the Sox having to burn through Thornton, Crain and Santos last night.

You just can't get tossed when you and Ohman have ONE CLEAR RESPONSIBILITY...to "take one for the team."

They need to start sending messages (unfortunately it's hard to do this with the likes of Rios, besides benching him) by sending players down or releasing them.

Try Lindsay up in the pen for awhile and see what he can do.

Accountability. A little of it would be nice.

There is no accountability on this team, see the Rios "benching" for being one of the worst players in baseball that lasted all of 2 days.

Bruney had a nice run of magic for awhile, but agreed it is time for him to go. Someone else on the farm can get a shot at being the mop-up man/punching bag for awhile.

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
There is no accountability on this team, see the Rios "benching" for being one of the worst players in baseball that lasted all of 2 days.

Bruney had a nice run of magic for awhile, but agreed it is time for him to go. Someone else on the farm can get a shot at being the mop-up man/punching bag for awhile.

Bruney seems to be the hairy/hedgehog version of Billy Koch, a low 90's straight as an arrow fastball that isn't getting it done.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
A lot of people ripping the guy's production when his production was not the issue yesterday....

Bruney isn't the problem. My guess is that he didn't deserve to be thrown out anyway.

It seemed like he said the magic word

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:15 AM)
A lot of people ripping the guy's production when his production was not the issue yesterday....

Bruney isn't the problem. My guess is that he didn't deserve to be thrown out anyway.

I'd guess that he didn't want to be the mop up guy again so he got himself tossed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
I'd guess that he didn't want to be the mop up guy again so he got himself tossed.

That'd be dumb of him. He's drawing a 400k+ salary as long as he's in the big leagues. That's got to be several times what he'd earn if he got removed from the roster.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)

Never said his performance was the issue yesterday, the pitching all around was a big ball of suck.

Just commenting on Bruney's overall ineffectiveness and lack of talent. He IS a problem, that's not to say we don't have much bigger problems, but he certainly hasn't been performing.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
I (fortunately) missed the game lastnight. Can someone kindly recap what Bruney's unspeakable act was that got him ejected?

ESPN had the game and it was a hot headed comment on a close play and the ump tossed him right away. They didn't know what it was he said, but it had to be offensive to get that quick of a toss. Bruney was mad.

Bruney has had a bad game or two, but all in all he hasn't done that bad. The Sox made their mistake earlier when they brought up Jeff Gray and then tried to send him back down only to see Seattle claim him. Gray was a good long relief option. Now getting back to Bruney I have to say I liked to see a Sox player with some passion and get angry over having the call go aganst us. He tried hs best to get that runner. It was better seeing that then watching Rios trot around sluffing it, which he did twice out there last night. Bruney admitted he let the team down. Done and over with

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
ESPN had the game and it was a hot headed comment on a close play and the ump tossed him right away. They didn't know what it was he said, but it had to be offensive to get that quick of a toss. Bruney was mad.

Bruney has had a bad game or two, but all in all he hasn't done that bad. The Sox made their mistake earlier when they brought up Jeff Gray and then tried to send him back down only to see Seattle claim him. Gray was a good long relief option. Now getting back to Bruney I have to say I liked to see a Sox player with some passion and get angry over having the call go aganst us. He tried hs best to get that runner. It was better seeing that then watching Rios trot around sluffing it, which he did twice out there last night. Bruney admitted he let the team down. Done and over with

Got it, thanks.

Except Bruney ended up tiring Crain out from having to go two nights in a row and he (Jesse) just wasn't as sharp with his stuff. Crain has really hit a bad patch again at the worst possible time for it. Sunday's loss really killed all the good vibes this team had going at that point.

And then he got pummeled yet again by his former team in the 9th tonight.

Time to move on and bring up a youngster who's legitimately a part of the future of this organization.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 06:13 AM)
Except Bruney ended up tiring Crain out from having to go two nights in a row and he (Jesse) just wasn't as sharp with his stuff. Crain has really hit a bad patch again at the worst possible time for it. Sunday's loss really killed all the good vibes this team had going at that point.

And then he got pummeled yet again by his former team in the 9th tonight.

Time to move on and bring up a youngster who's legitimately a part of the future of this organization.

Last three games for Bruney have been bad for sure. We needed a righty releiver and got Frasor and yet Bruney is still here? I think that trade was more for next year in my mind