Gamethread: White Sox vs Angels

Kyyle23

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
De Aza hasn't been coached long enough by Walker to ruin his swing. If we don't have a new hitting coach next season, I'd rather see him in the minors again where we can save his potential.

He's 27 years old.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
Here's where I will wonder why Sale or Thornton aren't being used when we simply can't afford to lose another game to the Tigers.

vs lefties this year...who's who?

.289/.313/.368/.682

.228/.307/.342/.649

.220/.278/.300/.578

They are Thornton, Ohman, and Sale in order. Difference is, Thornton and Sale hold righties below a .700 OPS too, so they can be used for an inning or two at a time. Righties are hitting at an .813 clip against Ohman. The game is tied, you need one lefty out, and you have enough other options to use against righties. Who do you want pitching in the 13th, given this information, Matt Thornton or Will Ohman?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
Dude are you CRAZY!???!?!? HE IS DONE! HE FORGOT HOW TO HIT THE BALL HARD! If he ever hits 20 home-runs in a single season for the rest of his career I'd give YOU $100! HE IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/knee-jerk sarcasm

I heard Adam Dunn's 0-2 swing actually attracts bears.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
Andruw fell off cause he Tought his body and skill was going to stay 24 forever and he got lazy

Why did Dunn fall off? Perhaps because he got lazy too. But no one knows. It could still be an isolated year. But there is a precedent that says it may not be.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:27 AM)
He's 27 years old.

Damn he looks good. How many years was he in the damn minors? He's kinda old for a rookie. Francour and Melky are as old as him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 04:26 AM)
Its not heartbreaking. De Aza will likely get his shot next year in Pierre's spot.

If you should feel heartbroken for anyone its Viciedo who is stuck behind Dunn.

My LF platoon prediction is De Aza and Juan Rivera

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
vs lefties this year...who's who?

.289/.313/.368/.682

.228/.307/.342/.649

.220/.278/.300/.578

They are Thornton, Ohman, and Sale in order. Difference is, Thornton and Sale hold righties below a .700 OPS too, so they can be used for an inning or two at a time. Righties are hitting at an .813 clip against Ohman. The game is tied, you need one lefty out, and you have enough other options to use against righties. Who do you want pitching in the 13th, given this information, Matt Thornton or Will Ohman?

The problem is that you plan for the extra inning game with the White Sox offense but then Ozzie seems to end up losing the game before we can get there as often and not....and now Konerko's bat isn't in the line-up, either.

I don't know. No matter what you do, this team just doesn't have it in 2012 and hasn't all year. It's like 2007 and 2009 all over again.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
Jones actually had a worse year than Dunn in 08.

He was more valuable though because he played CF.

Vernon Wells has been just as bad offensively as Dunn, but his WAR is only -0.2 because he plays CF. Dunn is at -2.2 right now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
The problem is that you plan for the extra inning game with the White Sox offense but then Ozzie seems to end up losing the game before we can get there as often and not....and now Konerko's bat isn't in the line-up, either.

I don't know. No matter what you do, this team just doesn't have it in 2012 and hasn't all year. It's like 2007 and 2009 all over again.

It's 2011.