Williams On Hot Seat Too?

Marty34

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
No Marty, the other reporters are calling out Cowley for losing his objectivity and being in bed with Guillen. He has no journalistic integrity when he writes these bulls*** columns.

Spiegel was right today when he said Guillen is just using him

QFT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
fathom, you and I both know that there is only one situation where Ozzie left the Sox and he wouldnt go scorched earth, and that was if he retired and left of his own choosing.

Its going to be ugly

I think you're right though I hold out hope that since Reinsdorf has been so utterly loyal to him that he keeps his big flappin' yap shut for once.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
It's going to be interesting to see if Ozzie talks crap about all of his haters (Kenny, members of the media, etc.) when he leaves. All I know is that he better not tarnish the 2005 team by talking about more off the field stuff like he did with Jenks.

Ozzie leaving is going to be ugly. The best thing possible is to cut off sympathy by letting him hang himself, that way no one will care what he has to say when he is gone.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
No Marty, the other reporters are calling out Cowley for losing his objectivity and being in bed with Guillen. He has no journalistic integrity when he writes these bulls*** columns.

Spiegel was right today when he said Guillen is just using him

Nowhere does Cowley blame Williams for the relationship souring. He's just saying that Williams is cutting of his nose to spite his face by letting personal stuff dictate getting rid of Guillen.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
Nowhere does Cowley blame Williams for the relationship souring. He's just saying that Williams is cutting of his nose to spite his face by letting personal stuff dictate getting rid of Guillen.

Personal stuff like say negotiating your contract in the media for two years in a row?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)

When has Williams ever brought this issue up other than to respond to the ozzie bulls***?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
When has Williams ever brought this issue up other than to respond to the ozzie bulls***?

Never. So your problem with this Guillen/Williams fiasco is that it is public? My problem is that it appears to be a factor in decision making.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Or on the other side of the coin, how many people know any of the details of Kenny's deal? Not many, because he never talks about it.

I've read where KW operates on a one year contract that automatically rolls over. Supposedly if he gets let go he gets full pay for a year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Miami Herald just called. Seems the Sun-Times is trying to work a trade for me ..... hmmmmmmm, what is that about?

I am guessing the conversation had about 247 pleases, and one of them was the HR rep at the Herald saying "Please STOP CALLING HERE!"

When he said that I told him that he is worth a ham sand which. He said the Herald said that was to much.