Williams On Hot Seat Too?

Marty34

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
$4 million bucks for 20 games or so is most definitely something.

Uh, who gives a s***?

Did that stop us from spending money in the offseason? Nope.

Did we give up anything of importance? Nope.

That was a move that COULD have had awesome results, it didn't.. oh well.. it wasn't a bad move by any means though..

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
Uh, who gives a s***?

Did that stop us from spending money in the offseason? Nope.

Did we give up anything of importance? Nope.

That was a move that COULD have had awesome results, it didn't.. oh well.. it wasn't a bad move by any means though..

Maybe that $4 million could've been spent on the draft? And it was a terrible move. A washed up steroid abuser, one who had been on the DL multiple times? Just sign Thome for $1 million and there's no need for Manny.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
That's a fair question. I'd be more willing to give him another year without Ozzie to see how the team responds.

As would I. He's had some good moves as well, it's just that most of his poor decisions have all come recently. But with the Ozzie factor, I'd really like to see what happens with him gone and KW more free to do what he'd like.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
Maybe that $4 million could've been spent on the draft? And it was a terrible move. A washed up steroid abuser, one who had been on the DL multiple times? Just sign Thome for $1 million and there's no need for Manny.

You are the biggest Monday morning quarterback I have ever seen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)

Wasn't the Manny acquisition a JR push though? I don't know, I'm asking. I just thought that was an exception, it wasn't as if that was $4M extra laying around there.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Yeah, sure. Now go back to telling us how Alex Rios is not really that awful.

At least I have original thoughts, unlike yours, which are just well-after the fact nonsense and alcohol-induced pointlessness.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)

lol ok man, they surely would have spent that money on the draft.. I think we both know that wasnt gonna happen

This is quite a heated discussion going on with Cowley. I don't know that I heard this before, but apparently Kenny bumped into him and called him a 'f'ing piece of s***'

It seems pretty obvious to me that the relationship between Kenny and Ozzie has really hurt our team this year.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Cowley says that someone in the organization told him that even a playoff run can't save Ozzie.

I guess that means Ozzie told Cowley he's resigning.

Anyway...could also mean that they have an offer on the table from Florida.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
This is quite a heated discussion going on with Cowley. I don't know that I heard this before, but apparently Kenny bumped into him and called him a 'f'ing piece of s***'

It seems pretty obvious to me that the relationship between Kenny and Ozzie has really hurt our team this year.

I don't blame him.

It's pretty clear that Ozzie and his kids use Joe as an unofficial mouthpiece to air all their gripes against the Organization without having to take responsibility for it.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
Let's be honest here, this is an extraordinarily difficult team to manage because of the awful performances of three of the four highest paid players.

Sorry I have to agree. Which is not to defend Ozzie for the sake of it.

But let's face it: Dunn has been a virtual automatic out all season. That's GOT to take a toll psychologically on the rest of the club. Then you've got Rio stinking it up and Beckham underperforming.

If I had to to do an early autopsy on the season, I'd say what killed us was:

1) Dunn/Rios being a black hole (and nobody stepping in for them--although they're supposed to be our "stars")

2) Absolute inability to hit with RISP

3) Inability to win at home

Yep, that about sums it up for me right there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Spiegel really took Cowley to task for defending some of Guillens boneheaded moves, and Cowley got really defensive.

Spiegs is suggesting that Ozzie is doing stuff just to spite Kenny, like batting Rios 4th. Would he do that? Can't we all just get along?

They all need to go. This has become too much of a soap opera.

I think Ozzie really wants out but will stay if Jerry says so.

The farm system has regressed under Kenny. He's gotta go.

There's a recent pattern of veterans coming here and regressing. Get rid of everyone.

Cooper is probably the only guy worthy.

If we lose a certain popular player or players due to contracts like Dunn, Rios and Peavy, I'll probably be "all out" next season. They'll have to impress me.

I can't see this organization keeping one or the other and still make progress. Underachievement has existed under two managers this century.

Maybe Reinsdorf need to go as well. The "we'll make the team better if people show up" philosophy is extortion.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Of course Ozzie could have not played those players......

I don't really have a beef with Ozzie for playing them...it's in our best interests to try and get these guys going again since we have them signed long-term.

What I do have an issue with is his insistence on batting them in critical positions in the batting order. This only works to exacerbate the problem more.

Hard to defend hitting Dunn and Rios anywhere but in the bottom third of the order, even when we're already running Beckham and Morel out there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
I don't really have a beef with Ozzie for playing them...it's in our best interests to try and get these guys going again since we have them signed long-term.

What I do have an issue with is his insistence on batting them in critical positions in the batting order. This only works to exacerbate the problem more.

Hard to defend hitting Dunn and Rios anywhere but in the bottom third of the order, even when we're already running Beckham and Morel out there.

It's in our best interests to win baseball games, and continuing to play Dunn and Rios anywhere in the lineup with any consistency doesn't help us achieve that.