The best player in baseball?

Jordan4life_2007

At this moment? Forget about the past and all that. I'm talkin' right now. For me, that man is Troy Tulowitzki. He plays the most precious position on the diamond (aside from catcher) and provides 1B offensive production and Bible Award caliber defense at said position. He's a good base-runner and even throws in a vulture steal every now and then. He's the best player in the game of baseball.

Albert Pujols.

I'll give an honorable mention to Miguel Cabrera who is putting up ridiculous numbers in one of the worst hitting parks in baseball. (he would have been my pick if his defense was at least average) Same with Mr. unreal Jose Bautista. (who is probably the best hitter in the game right now)

Edited by SoxAce

No Prince Fielder love?

Jose Reyes was pretty darned devastating...with the caveat that he almost always gets hurt.

And it would be nice if a White Sox hitter was legitimately in this conversation...you would have hoped it would be Beckham 3 years ago, but Konerko's the only one.

Ryan Howard loses points for being a 1B, like Fielder and Pujols.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 05:02 AM)
Jose Bautista. I want to see Fielder or Pujols end up in Toronto so badly.

So do I. That's the kind of contract that if it busts will screw that franchise up for a decade. ARod as a Texas Rangers creditor 10 years later style screwup.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
I would have agreed with you but I kind of want to see them fail just because of J4L.

I want them to succeed so that people will see that it's possible to compete in any division. It would illustrate how pathetic we've been in our own division and hopefully get people to get on board for a new direction for this team.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
I want them to succeed so that people will see that it's possible to compete in any division. It would illustrate how pathetic we've been in our own division and hopefully get people to get on board for a new direction for this team.

If they aren't on board by now they will never be.