Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
Cowley is going to be on WSCR shortly.

He was on at 7:30 as well. He had nothing to say other than he was ahead of the story in January of 2010 as he knew it would end this way.

If the Sox play to their potential this season, it does not end this way.

Guillen did not want to be here and the Florida thing could be epic especially if Zambrano ends up down there. The Phils and Braves will be tough and if the Mets clean themselves up and the Nats youth get better...may be a tough ride down on south Florida.

I like Dave Martinez and he will be every teams #1 candidate. He has a history with the Sox so that should bode well.

One of Guillen's downfalls was not having a stronger bench coach after Nossek left.

I also look for the hitting coach to hopefully impact the team like Walt Hriniak (sp?) did. Laker and Martinez have crossed paths I believe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Interestingly, Ozzie demanded an extension AND that KW be fired.

Too bad they BOTH couldn't have been axed.. nothing is going to change with KW's stench still lingering around this team

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
He was awful. Anytime a question got asked about Guillen, Joe switched it to Kenny. I wonder how long it takes Cowardly to pick the pubes out of his teeth?

Yeah he plays the..." Well even though Ozzie did this...Kenny did this which is worse" card

If only this were true...

Kenny Williams tries to sneak Dunn contract in Ozzie’s pocket during good-bye hug

on September 27, 2011

What was sure to be an awkward exchange between White Sox GM Kenny Williams and outgoing manager Ozzie Guillen became even more so after Guillen caught Williams trying to sneak Adam Dunn’s contract into the manager’s coat pocket during their good-bye hug Monday night.

“What the [expletive deleted] is this?” shouted Guillen. “You try to hang me with this [expletive deleted] contract? It’s the reason I’m out of a job right now you son of a b****.”

Guillen opened up the envelope in which Williams had put Dunn’s paperwork and discovered the Sox GM had hastily crossed out every reference to the Chicago White Sox and replaced it by hand with “Florida Marlins,” the team it is rumored Guillen is set to manage.

“This is total [expletive deleted],” said Guillen, while his son Oney quickly posted updates of the altercation to his Twitter account. “Why don’t you try to give me Alex Rios’ contract too while you’re at it [expletive deleted].”

As Williams tried to calm his former manager, the thought of off-loading Rios’ deal on Guillen began to sink in.

“Ozzie. Ozzie. I’m really sorry. I thought you might get a kick out of that completely legally binding joke I just tried to pull on you,” said Williams. “And now that you mention it, what’s not to love about bringing Rios with you to Miami? I’m sure he’ll fit in real well there.”

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Yeah he plays the..." Well even though Ozzie did this...Kenny did this which is worse" card

Wow, sounds REALLY familiar, almost too familiar.

The best part is Ozzie saying he doesnt care about winning, but only about money. Yes now THATS a guy I want managing a team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
cottmerkin Scott Merkin

Put the interim White Sox manager for the next two days back at TBA

Interesting. Maybe Ozzie has made a deal with the Marlins, and Cora is out of here.

They should just let Vizquel do it for a couple days. Hell, he can wear 13 if he wants too.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
Interesting. Maybe Ozzie has made a deal with the Marlins, and Cora is out of here.

They should just let Vizquel do it for a couple days. Hell, he can wear 13 if he wants too.

Cora and Walker and Baines and probably Cox are all going with Ozzie to FLA, rumor is Cooper stays

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)

I wouldn't be surprised to see McEwing or Bell do it. Lots of time the minor league coaches spend time with the big club in September after their seasons are over.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
I wonder if and when the Marlins and White Sox play interleague games, will Ozzie order his pitchers to plunk Done and Rios for getting him fired.

That would be funny.

Florida in Florida and Sox in Arizona for Spring Training.....................not happening!

Edited by Soxfest