Greg Walker next hitting coach in ATL

southsider2k5

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
He's gonna ruin Freddy Freeman and Jason Heyward.

Heyward was a horrid hitter in 2011. If he's a horrid hitter in 2012 most here will say Walker ruined him. If he snaps back, most will say Walker had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Dick Allen

Well...I'm sure everyone with the Braves is familiar with Beckham and that entire situation, and know about all the time that Walker spent with Gordon.

Must be a growing feeling around the game that nobody in baseball can "fix" Gordon and that the problems are all in his head...

They're trusting a lot of their younger hitters to Walk. The theory always was that he was more successful with veterans than younger players, I guess with the possible exception of Quentin in 2008.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
I guess this proves Walker has a lot more respect around baseball than most on this board thought.

Respect is one thing, being good at his job is another. Norv Turner seems to get a lot of work in the NFL. He sucks.

In AJC

Determined to get more from their hitters in 2012, the Braves didn’t just hire Greg Walker as their new hitting coach but also got him an assistant.

Ex-White Sox hitting coach Walker was hired to replace fired Braves hitting coach Larry Parrish, and Scott Fletcher was hired for a hybrid role as assistant hitting coach — a new position for the Braves — and advance scout.

Braves general manager Wren said he and manager Fredi Gonzalez agreed the Walker-Fletcher partnership would give the Braves a “dynamic” tandem for instructing hitters in the improved approach that Braves officials expect in 2012.

The old Sox combo in Hotlanta!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
Atlanta is a premier organization with lots of young talent. Maybe we needed a change in Chicago, but I think Atlanta saw that Walker is pretty good in his own right.
Certainly. The White Sox offensive juggernaut the last few years proves it. Especially the way Sox hitters like to work a pitcher to get a favorable count, which means a better pitch to hit. Edited by SI1020

QUOTE (SI1020 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
Certainly. The White Sox offensive juggernaut the last few years proves it. Especially the way Sox hitters like to work a pitcher to get a favorable count, which means a better pitch to hit.

Damn, where did my sarcasm meter go? :lol: