Penn State horror story

PR depts in overdrive:

UCF admit NCAA violations, AD fired

Oregon releases documents relating to paying for players

Ray Ray Armstrong gets suspended for meeting with PR firm and having free dinner

OSU imposes scholarship penalties over the next 3 year period with NCAA, ruling due soon

If anyone else was smart you would air all your dirty laundry this week if possible.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
This is just such oversimplification.

There are always degrees of blame. There are degrees of culpability and responsibility. Stop trying to treat this man, who was at the time in his mid-seventies, and accused widely of being completely senile, as if he was the f***ing Don of a mafia organization. This "most powerful man in Happy Valley" statement is such nonsense and belies all common sense. He was the most powerful man around the football team, not the Administration, not the University.

Go read an article about him before this all happened. He doesn't have email. He doesn't have a cellphone.

Paterno is certainly not the victim here. But that doesn't mean he isn't a victim here.

What? Who cares? Who cares that he doesn't have email or a cellphone. If the most revered man in that town goes and asks for a police investigation into a child rape, they would respond. If he goes in and asks for a cheeseburger, they would go get one. Paterno apparently got a sweetheart deal on his property ... why? Because he's joe paterno. But, yes, I see, it is more probable that he wouldn't follow up on the child rape, it's because he was senile. He clearly just forgot about it!

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
Thanks, dude.

I read a FB comment from some clown the other day who criticized our holier-than-thou attitude, and told us that in spite of that, we are actually worse people than those at other schools. And I was just like, WTF? Is this what I have to put up with now? I didn't rape any children or fail to report someone else raping children.

I'm not a worse person because of this. Just like I'm not a worse person for being in the same Army as guys like Calvin Gibbs, who led the "kill team" in Afghanistan a while back. f*** that noise.

Hey man, if you are lurking with the other PSU folks, here is a link to a letter than couldnt sum up my thoughts better to you and the rest of your fan base.

http://theschoolphilly.com/2011/11/09/lett...enn-state-fans/

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
No, let's do the right thing and fire him based on his own admissions that he did not do enough.

Yes, I will sit here on my high horse and say that no matter what else he did in his life, what he has already admitted to in this case tarnishes everything.

Oh, and if you were watching earlier this thread, my reaction to the statemetns about the DA et al. dropping their 1998 investigation were to question whether the DA could face charges over failing to act. It was suggested to me that they cannot be charged for that.

he is presumed to be dead

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
What? Who cares? Who cares that he doesn't have email or a cellphone. If the most revered man in that town goes and asks for a police investigation into a child rape, they would respond. If he goes in and asks for a cheeseburger, they would go get one. Paterno apparently got a sweetheart deal on his property ... why? Because he's joe paterno. But, yes, I see, it is more probable that he wouldn't follow up on the child rape, it's because he was senile. He clearly just forgot about it!

So which is it, guys? That the University forced the police and the DA to stop the prosecution of Sandusky, or that Paterno should have forced them to investigate it?

It seems to me they had him making a goddamned confession on their own and did not prosecute him...but Super Joe Paterno, the Don of Happy Valley should have gotten it done!

Give me a f***ing break.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
Damn, shack is going crazy. Just channel your emotions like me. I will sport my new Joe avy for the rest of '11 as a show of support. The venom being spewed at this man is disgusting.

Congratulations. Your show of support for a man who cared way more about his reputation as the never-ending head coach of PSU Football than he did about children being violently raped is respectable. You win the award for "Most Ridiculous 2011".

It's just so sad that people care so much for a man who happily turned a blind eye to save his precious football team's reputation.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
PR depts in overdrive:

UCF admit NCAA violations, AD fired

Oregon releases documents relating to paying for players

Ray Ray Armstrong gets suspended for meeting with PR firm and having free dinner

OSU imposes scholarship penalties over the next 3 year period with NCAA, ruling due soon

If anyone else was smart you would air all your dirty laundry this week if possible.

That seems to be exactly what they're doing. Good call, too.

That Oregon one seems like it should definitely get some looks, though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
That seems to be exactly what they're doing. Good call, too.

That Oregon one seems like it should definitely get some looks, though.

Its pretty smart from their perspective. OSU is going to be on a conference call in a weeks time to meet for the final time and requested their ruling prior to Dec 1. I assume this case will still be kicking around.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Congratulations. Your show of support for a man who cared way more about his reputation as the never-ending head coach of PSU Football than he did about children being violently raped is respectable. You win the award for "Most Ridiculous 2011".

It's just so sad that people care so much for a man who happily turned a blind eye to save his precious football team's reputation.

And the legend continues to grow...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
Damn, shack is going crazy. Just channel your emotions like me. I will sport my new Joe avy for the rest of '11 as a show of support. The venom being spewed at this man is disgusting.

On the flip side of this, if someone will use Photoshop to create a picture of Paterno with a blatantly false title of "PEDOPHILE" right across it, I will gladly use it through the end of the NCAA football season.

Any takers?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
On the flip side of this, if someone will use Photoshop to create a picture of Paterno with a blatantly false title of "PEDOPHILE" right across it, I will gladly use it through the end of the NCAA football season.

Any takers?

Outside of hot chicks and long time avatars, I dont even notice anybody's

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Outside of hot chicks and long time avatars, I dont even notice anybody's

Same here. It sucks sometimes because someone will use an avatar that looks very similar to another person's, so I'll read something thinking it's another person writing it. It's odd how accustomed we can get to other people's writing styles, though. Often times I can read a post without seeing the name or avatar and know who it is.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)

Any takers?

Well, it's my job around here!

6332249179_285caccf83_m.jpg

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
And the legend continues to grow...

It's not a legend. For a minimum of 9 years JoePa knew of Sandusky's disgusting, perverted habit, yet happily kept him around and did nothing to ensure he stay away from other children.

It's too bad Joe Paterno and the rest of those scumbags at Penn State couldn't see the forest for the trees, realize they could have stepped up and been heroes, and help put an end to things. Instead, it seems they willingly went along with a cover-up and hoped for the best.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
It's not a legend. For a minimum of 9 years JoePa knew of Sandusky's disgusting, perverted habit, yet happily kept him around and did nothing to ensure he stay away from other children.

It's too bad Joe Paterno and the rest of those scumbags at Penn State couldn't see the forest for the trees, realize they could have stepped up and been heroes, and help put an end to things. Instead, it seems they willingly went along with a cover-up and hoped for the best.

Almost every post you've made in this thread sounds like you're trying to write the introduction for a movie or book.

We have no idea whether he "happily" kept him around, or whether he did "nothing" to ensure Sandusky stay away from other children.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)

Any takers?

People are going to be confused as f*** if you're posting with out the Hennig avy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
You're now bringing in the dregs of society, the unwashed, uneducated majority of Facebook users. That doesn't need to be dragged into this thread.

You must not have read this whole thread, because there has been plenty dragged in here that fits that description.