2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 07:42 PM)
The Heat just gave up 63 in the first half to San Antonio. Danny Green made buzzer beaters at the end of both quarters :P

And then they gave up 12 in the third and scored 71 themselves in the second half. Jesus..

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 12:35 AM)
the numbers go that far!? i thought that after 35th it was just corn fields

Lincoln Highway is 211th street in Matteson. Keep going south on US 1 and it actually goes into the 300s, but yeah that's cornfields and s***

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
They have to trade Nash this year to a contender. Give him a shot at a ring. Maybe Lakers?

Orlando would be great if he became available (Nelson + Redick + something?)

Also saw a blurb that Boston may make Paul Pierce available if they mail it in. I believe he's got 2/32 after this season though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 01:51 AM)
(Nelson + Redick + something?)

That something had better be a whole heck of a lot of draft picks. Jameer Nelson has negative value, and Redick doesn't exactly build for the future. To deal their one main national and local draw, they'd actually have to get something of value back.

However, the Magic have nothing of value beyond Dwight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
That something had better be a whole heck of a lot of draft picks. Jameer Nelson has negative value, and Redick doesn't exactly build for the future. To deal their one main national and local draw, they'd actually have to get something of value back.

Do the magic have any draft picks that they're sitting on?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:12 AM)

Wouldn't say Nelson has negative value, he's got 1 more year left on his deal (player option I believe), so there are worst contracts to take on if you're looking to dump salary long - term. Yeah he's probably one of the lower tier starting PG's in the league right now, but I'd say that's more based on him not coming into the season in shape more than anything else.

It's why I think if Orlando can actually upgrade at the PG spot, we can get to that next level.

And also you're implying that Ryan Anderson doesn't have any value whatsoever?

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/bulls-talk/...tm_medium=email

Grant Hill re-signed with the Phoenix Suns for a one-year, $6.5 million contract but not before weighing out his options, including the Bulls.

The San Antonio Spurs, New York Knicks and Boston Celtics all made offers to Hill but the Bulls definitely made an impact.

"It was an interesting conversation," Hill told the Arizona Republic. "It was very tempting. They're doing a great job here. It's a great sports town. They definitely were in the picture, and it took serious consideration on my part."

Do you think Hill will regret his decision? The Bulls have the best record in the NBA for the second straight year and the Suns are 4-9, losing five in a row.

The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 13.2 points and 3.1 rebounds per game in 80 games last season. Do you think the Bulls could have used him? Did he make the wrong choice?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 03:28 AM)
Wouldn't say Nelson has negative value, he's got 1 more year left on his deal (player option I believe), so there are worst contracts to take on if you're looking to dump salary long - term. Yeah he's probably one of the lower tier starting PG's in the league right now, but I'd say that's more based on him not coming into the season in shape more than anything else.

It's why I think if Orlando can actually upgrade at the PG spot, we can get to that next level.

What was Jameer's reasoning for sucking last year? He's a bad player, yo.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 03:28 AM)
And also you're implying that Ryan Anderson doesn't have any value whatsoever?

Not much.

Grant Hill's decision to stay in PHX had to have been knowing that they would continue to be bad and the Bulls would be good again.......there was no reason to think anything else.

He's like Kerry Wood, rather be in a low pressure situation than a chance at winning a championship.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
Grant Hill's decision to stay in PHX had to have been knowing that they would continue to be bad and the Bulls would be good again.......there was no reason to think anything else.

He's like Kerry Wood, rather be in a low pressure situation than a chance at winning a championship.

There's also a medical staff thing going on in Phoenix that no other team in the NBA seems able to match.