2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
Nope. You generate this type of hype, you better live up to it long-term...or else.

You act like Lin went into the draft, talked himself up, built himself up, and drafted in the Top 15. He didn't bring "the hype" onto himself. The media did. Blame ESPN and the NY media if that is your complaint. Not Lin.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lin will never be a bust, unless you have no idea what the term bust is. Lin wasnt drafted, the fact hes had any impact in the NBA basically means he made more of an impact than most people thought.

And Ive now played basketball with someone who played in a Celebrity Game (Tamika Catchings). I actually played with Felcia Ratay as well, and a picture of me was on ESPN for her Sportscenter thing.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
If Lin becomes a 12/7 PG, a lot of people will be disappointed and it's not even his fault.

Well, considering he's the first player ever to average 20/8 over his first 10 starts, yeah it kinda would be his fault.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
First of all, they didn't double Lin. Chalmers and Cole took him straight up. Then LeBron and Bosh were the flash guys when they tried to run that futile pick n roll that worked against the Raptors. Second, the Heat don't play good defense. They play GREAT defense. The Bulls are really good, too. But there's system defense and then there's the Heat. They play early 90's doberman Bulls defense. Their quickness and athleticism is unparalleled. If you think the Bulls can beat the Heat, fine. I don't have an issue with that. But I don't see how anything that happened last night would have you thinking, "yeah, now I know the Bulls can beat the Heat."

I'm not even going to bother. There's nothing that will change your opinion. I don't understand how you can be so hard-headed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Death.....by staplegun

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
People say mean things about them on the internet.

I don't know which is worse.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
I had actually forgotten about that. Maybe a lot of people also have?

I usually would have but it was just so awful that it comes to mind everytime I see him.

D Rose just got PAID. 185 million dollar contract from Adidas, possibly escalating to 200 mil with incentives.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Derrick Rose's new Adidas deal will guarantee him $185 million over 13 years, source tells Y! Hitting incentives pushes it over $200M

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 08:24 AM)
Damn. Hopefully those incentives have to do with getting Dwight here

I was curious how an incentive program works in a shoe contract. All Star appearances? Playoff appearances?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
I'm not even going to bother. There's nothing that will change your opinion. I don't understand how you can be so hard-headed.

What he said is right though. The Heat play great defense because of length and athleticism. Whatever offensive gameplan you have for them is still tough to execute because whatever you "trick" them with, they can recover pretty damn easily because of that length and athleticism. They're also able to pick your pockets as well. The only way you'll catch them is when they're being lazy. The only time they're lazy is when they have to chase someone around, but in reality, we've only seen Wade be lazy when it comes to that. LeBron really hasn't had to chase anyone around for a full game. I'd like to see him have to do it for at least half a game. That's why I'd prefer to get Ray Allen on this team. When Luol rests, do a lineup with Allen and Hamilton and make them work. If you kept Korver and want to go small, then throw Korver in there as well and run screens off of screens. Wade will get lazy with that. He has everytime in the past when facing Ray. LeBron would get tired out. And all three can shoot the crap out of the ball.

Defensively, they're still easy to guard in the halfcourt. Win the rebound battle, and you'll have a good chance.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
What he said is right though. The Heat play great defense because of length and athleticism. Whatever offensive gameplan you have for them is still tough to execute because whatever you "trick" them with, they can recover pretty damn easily because of that length and athleticism. They're also able to pick your pockets as well. The only way you'll catch them is when they're being lazy. The only time they're lazy is when they have to chase someone around, but in reality, we've only seen Wade be lazy when it comes to that. LeBron really hasn't had to chase anyone around for a full game. I'd like to see him have to do it for at least half a game. That's why I'd prefer to get Ray Allen on this team. When Luol rests, do a lineup with Allen and Hamilton and make them work. If you kept Korver and want to go small, then throw Korver in there as well and run screens off of screens. Wade will get lazy with that. He has everytime in the past when facing Ray. LeBron would get tired out. And all three can shoot the crap out of the ball.

Defensively, they're still easy to guard in the halfcourt. Win the rebound battle, and you'll have a good chance.

You do realize there's pretty much no way to pull off Ray Allen on the Bulls right? You could match him with Deng, but then you don't have Deng. You could match him with Brewer and Korver, but then the Celtics are actually taking on $10 million for next year, which would be nuts for them. Maybe if you gave them the Bobcats pick and Mirotic, they might take Korver and Brewer along with it, but that's not only messy, it relies on the Celtics taking on a bunch of money next year.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
Well Orlando certainly lucked out with the Dunk Contest this year eh.

It's gotten comically bad throughout the years. Add the stupid rule change this year and the ridiculous props for a couple years goin now and it's a joke. I'd rather watch Vince Carter at age 35 (with half his athleticism left) own these fools.