2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, let's be honest, the trade deadline will come and go and the Bulls won't be involved in a blockbuster trade.

As someone already posted, the Bulls for some reason don't attract big time players, I have no idea why, if the Knicks or Celtics with that crap weather can attract players, why not Chicago? The Bulls are a marquee NBA brand, Chicago is one of the biggest markets in America, why the f*** can't we get elite players to come here?

Thank God Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc/Rose/Noah/Deng were drafted and had no choice but to play here. We certainly wouldn't attract them as FAs/trades...Boozer was our biggest signing the last decade and a half, let that sink in.

/rant

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
this is from RealGM.....interesting timing for a new 10 day contract if it is a deal w/ the bulls

Well, C.J. is hurt...

But yeah, it could also mean that they're trading Watson. Somebody brought this up in a thread at RealGM...

The Lakers want Ramon Sessions. The Cavs want Asik. How about we trade Asik to Cleveland for Sessions. Then send Sessions + Boozer + draft pick to the Lakers for Gasol...? We could also send Watson to Cleveland and get a guy like Parker to get more SG depth.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qs92ay

The money works.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
this is from RealGM.....interesting timing for a new 10 day contract if it is a deal w/ the bulls

The Bulls have to sign him for the rest of the season. Can only sign a player to a 10 day twice.

Great....

Derrick Rose winced as he rose from his seat and limped away from a post-practice film session with coach Tom Thibodeau that, in advance of Wednesday's showdown with the Heat, surely featured clips of LeBron James guarding Rose.

The pain emanated from what sources said is soreness in the groin area that needed a Tuesday MRI exam and could sideline Rose on Wednesday. Especially because Rose also walked away from a fender bender on the Kennedy Expressway on Tuesday afternoon that occurred as he drove to see his doctor.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,7531804.story

this coupled with the mike james tweet

@mikejames7: I guess 3rd times a charm. That's what they say!!

and this

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop Close

DRose's latest tweak is sore groin, sources said. Suffered fender bender on way to doctor. Status in doubt for Heat.

Looking more and more likely that Rose doesn't play tomorrow. I'm getting so fed up with all these injuries. Jesus can we just be fully healthy for more then 1 game.

I will not be watching the beat down we receive tomorrow if Derrick does not play.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
And yet somehow we have the best record in the league.

That's what's so annoying. The whole damn world knows that, as constructed, the Bulls need to be damn near 100% to beat the Miami F*cktards. Yet they are nowhere near healthy.

Today might be the most depressing day it's ever been as a Magic fan.

This team has beaten Chicago, Indiana and Miami all in a row, not too shabby. So we've shown than when Jameer Nelson is playing close to his best, this team can do some damage.

And yet with Howard basically holding Rich Devos and Alex Martins to ransom daring em to "roll the dice", the chances of Howard getting moved before the deadline probably went up 20-30%, I can tell you the head honchos weren't pleased at all that Dwight commented publicly on that. Dwight doesn't want a Melo situation where the acquiring team gives up the farm for him (thank you very much James Dolan).

And with the Ellis to MIL deal, there goes our leverage in trying to bring in another star to pair with Dwight.

As much as I hate to say it, Brook Lopez and MarShawn Brooks are probably going to be Magic uniforms come Thursday, unless some other team such as HOU makes a better offer for a 2 month rental. And if so, 3-4 years of mid 30 win mediocrity await. SVG and Otis will probably both be gone after the season also.

I know it's the New York Post, but WOW;

The New York Post reported Wednesday that Carmelo Anthony would prefer to be traded in advance of the deadline.

Here it comes, and depending on how much you value the sources here it's an interesting read, for whatever it's worth. This comes on the heels of a report from CAA-aligned Chris Broussard that Mike D'Antoni has "lost the team," and we're expecting a full-on media blitz by Anthony's people to frame the Knicks' struggles as anything but his fault. As for the issue of taking on Anthony, there aren't a lot of teams that will be able to handle such a Titanic move before Thursday's deadline. For now we're filing this in the 'need to hear much more' file before giving the rumor any credence.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
Hell, if Rose is out, just rest Deng another day.

That's what I was thinking last night. Let them have a field day against our 2nd team, and my condolences to those who paid a pretty penny for tonight's game.

Some random musings from RealGM re: Pau to Chicago...

JOHN wrote:

A few minutes ago I spoke with an ex-colleague of his who works for FC Barcelona.He's heard ,from people close to Pau, that Gasol is pushing for a deal to the Bulls and that Chicago is trying ti entice the Lakers by talking to Utah for a Watson,Asik swap for Devin Harris who then will be packaged with Boozer for Gasol.

Ralphb07 wrote:

Talking to my buddy and he's saying the Bulls are willing to give them the Bobcats pick and take back Blake. He said the Lakers are fielding offers but the Bulls feel they will come back to them. I was looking to see what deal would work taking Blake back and Boozer, Asik and CJ plus Cats pick for Gasol and Blake work... I don't know if that's the exact offer, I was just seeing on trade checker what would work.

KC Johnson wrote:

The talks are driven at least in part by Arn Tellem, the shared agent of Gasol and Derrick Rose. Tellem has had a longstanding strong relationship with Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7683943/...n-orlando-magic

Ugh, seriously. f*** this guy. He's bordering on Lebron level of douchebaggery.

This makes complete sense.

If it's true he wants to go to the Nets, then why force a trade there? They have enough cap space to sign him this summer, why lose any pieces.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 01:33 AM)
Today might be the most depressing day it's ever been as a Magic fan.

This team has beaten Chicago, Indiana and Miami all in a row, not too shabby. So we've shown than when Jameer Nelson is playing close to his best, this team can do some damage.

And yet with Howard basically holding Rich Devos and Alex Martins to ransom daring em to "roll the dice", the chances of Howard getting moved before the deadline probably went up 20-30%, I can tell you the head honchos weren't pleased at all that Dwight commented publicly on that. Dwight doesn't want a Melo situation where the acquiring team gives up the farm for him (thank you very much James Dolan).

And with the Ellis to MIL deal, there goes our leverage in trying to bring in another star to pair with Dwight.

As much as I hate to say it, Brook Lopez and MarShawn Brooks are probably going to be Magic uniforms come Thursday, unless some other team such as HOU makes a better offer for a 2 month rental. And if so, 3-4 years of mid 30 win mediocrity await. SVG and Otis will probably both be gone after the season also.

Not trying to nitpick but wasn't it worse losing Shaq?

It really must be frustrating to lose 2 franchise players, hope he surprises us all and does stay in ORL as unlikely as it seems right now.