What are your 3 fav sports teams?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really about winning or losing, more about timing of everything. I watched all of the MJ dynasty games, after that I kind of lost interest in the NBA, especially after watching the Blazer/Lakers series and subsequent Kings/Lakers series. Also the Bulls kept getting players that I really disliked, never seeming to draft the player or sign the guy that I wanted.

Im watching a lot more games, but I watch every minute of everys Bears game, every Badger basketball and football game, so the Bulls just arent there in comparison. Sox are a different type of thing because when I was little the Sox were by far my #1 team.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
The Bears and Blackhawks are probably my next two teams, but I really don't give two s***s about either of them. I watch when I'm with other people and I root for them, but it makes no difference to me whether they win or lose.

Bulls and White Sox are right there. Only in times like now will the Bulls overtake the Sox, but if both were good? It's White Sox all the way.

Then the Bears. I guess I give half a flying f*** about them.

Hockey isn't super intriguing to me. I tried to get into it the year before the Blackhawks won it all, but Havlat was my favorite player and I was like "Ok. I like them, but they won't get Bulls/Sox status."

Mizzou Basketball/Football is around Blackhawks status, though I figure they'll leap frog it.

White Sox

Bulls

Indiana Basketball/Buffalo Bills football.

The last 2 have bounced back and forth for the last decade or so as they've both gone through stretches of complete and utter irrelevance. This year IU is clearly in the #3 spot thanks to a shot against Kentucky. I'm still trying to figure out whether I hold a bigger grudge against Kelvin Sampson or Wade Phillips.

White Sox/Bears/Bulls.

For many years, my best friend and I have lamented the fact that we have no favorite college football team. I grew up during the Notre Dame/Lou Holtz glory years, but never learned to love them like our Chicago teams.

This year though, I have decided to undertake an experiment:

I am going to make every attempt to make the Oregon Ducks my favorite college football team. While I have admired them for several years now, I am going to make a point to keep up with Ducks' news, watch every game, and even purchase some apparel. I want to see just how much I can make myself care about college football by doing so.

In no particular order:

Sox

Raiders

Bulls

I grew up sort of liking the Lakers, Steelers, Dolphins and Dodgers for some reason too and will still occasionally root for them depending on the match up. Not so much the Steelers right now because of the rapist.

White Sox

Bulls (kind of lost interest in the Hinrich years, however)

Bears (frontrunner, however in recent years)

White Sox currently are the only team I follow on a daily basis.

Sadly I wait until the playoffs to watch every game possible of the Bulls and Blackhawks.