GT: 4/16/12 Orioles @ Sox 7:10, The U

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 03:30 AM)
pretty much...he was Walkerized. Such a non-linedrive swing it's ridiculous.

It's hard to still blame Walker for Beckham's failure. He looks worse now than he ever did in the pass. After a while, you just blame the player.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With Morel coming up there, you should have let that ball drop.

Work around DeAza, better than giving up that additional run.

Lincecum must really be hurting or upset about the Cain contract situation....already gave up 4 runs against PHI (at home) after getting blasted in his first start. Versus Halladay, sporting the 0.60 ERA coming into that game, had the looks of a pitcher's duel at one point.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
It's hard to still blame Walker for Beckham's failure. He looks worse now than he ever did in the pass. After a while, you just blame the player.

I agree to a point...but the long loopy swing didn't just appear out of nowhere. I'm wondering what they've been working with him on this spring?

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
yeah, send him down. he is an absolute mess and just needs some re-centering time.

esco and bridge can split his at bats

Esco? Really?

Sounds like Tesco or Costco.

First, tlb, Tanks, this nickname thing is now officially getting out of hand.

Edited by caulfield12

Walker never has preached a long loopy swing.

If I recall correctly, after his rookie year, Beckham worked on his swing alone in the offseason and never has been the same since.

That is my recollection, nothing to do with Walker. I believe Walker's only comments were to try and get him back to where he was...

It's time to trade Beckham instead of send him down.

He's not going to be sent down at this point of his career.

However, his future may be resembling that of Brian Anderson if he doesn't get his s*** together.

Another team or two and bye bye.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 03:36 AM)
It's time to trade Beckham instead of send him down.

He's not going to be sent down at this point of his career.

However, his future may be resembling that of Brian Anderson if he doesn't get his s*** together.

Another team or two and bye bye.

He has no trade value now. Best thing to do is send him to the minors and hope he gets it back together. If not, you simply non-tender him after the season's over.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
Esco? Really?

Sounds like Tesco or Costco.

First, tlb, Tanks, this nickname thing is now officially getting out of hand.

I dunno, fairly standard shorthand for a person whose last name is Escobar. He can earn a nickname.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
With Morel coming up there, you should have let that ball drop.

Work around DeAza, better than giving up that additional run.

Lincecum must really be hurting or upset about the Cain contract situation....already gave up 4 runs against PHI (at home) after getting blasted in :lolhitting his first start. Versus Halladay, sporting the 0.60 ERA coming into that game, had the looks of a pitcher's duel at one point.

:lolhitting

I agree, you learn that in pony ball....let it drop and save the run from scoring when you're already down 2 runs late in the game.

PS...I really wish Hawk would stop calling Dayan 'Tanks'. Its TANK Hawk....he is only one man

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
He has no trade value now. Best thing to do is send him to the minors and hope he gets it back together. If not, you simply non-tender him after the season's over.

He will not be worth the 4 or 5 mil he will demand in arbitration................he has a good chance to be non tendered.