YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or at least remember the depths of depression when we were enduring the 5-19 nosedive out of contention for the remainder of the season and "appreciate the game."

Don't have that feeling at all this year so far...looking forward to every game, even after Santiago blew those 2 and going 2-5 against the A's/Orioles when just about every single one of those games was winnable, not to mention wasting pretty darned good pitching by Peavy against the Red Sox.

The Royals are "only" 2 innings away from making tonight's game a battle for sole possession of first place.

Should Verlander take the loss, that would only be 3 "team" victories overall in his first 6 starts, and his personal record would be 2-2. (Granted, before yesterday's outburst, they were only hitting .211 over the previous 10 games). Still has a very solid ERA in the mid 2's, they're just not scoring for him, Valverde blew a game and Justin took a shutout into the 9th in the other game and imploded.

Edited by caulfield12

POOF!!!

Tie game, Boesch now with a 9 game hitting streak, laser into RF bleachers off Crow, who really sucks this year.

Poor Royals!!!

Okay, no counting on any Royals victory until the game is already over and officially in the scorebooks. Seen that happen about a million times in the last 20 years in KC baseball history.

PS: I will argue that the Humber perfecto and any thread with White Sox/1st place was at least 50% of the jinx. Hopefully it doesn't affect the Sox tonight or we'll have to blame southsider.

Actually, I would have expected this from GregHibbard, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
POOF!!!

Tie game, Boesch now with a 9 game hitting streak, laser into RF bleachers off Crow, who really sucks this year.

Poor Royals!!!

Okay, no counting on any Royals victory until the game is already over and officially in the scorebooks. Seen that happen about a million times in the last 20 years in KC baseball history.

Especially against the Tigers. Hopefully they go about 20 innings.

And at home, Detroit's a super-tough out, too. Still having nightmares of Aardsma and Craig Monroe against Javy.

Not that the Royals have been going gangbusters at Kauffman, since they're 0 for the season there, lol.

If Leyland sends Verlander out there to start the inning with 123 pitches already (30 pitches over 95 MPH), he's gone insane. Then again, his last pitch was 100 MPH.

Interesting decision, though. Tied going into the 9th. Bottom of order for KC.

Edited by caulfield12

Chris Getz, Chris Getz, yes yes!!! You can put it on the board!

LOL, 3-2 lead on the infield single. Royals now 2/13 with RISP.

Lawrence, KS loves the Michigan Wolverine. 4 steals.....Peralta/Avila/Eldred in bottom of the 9th. Game over, Royals win 3-2.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 2, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
I mean, I guess 2nd place is close to first...

In fact, it's virtually first place! Badum*TSS!*

Pshh, percentage points....don't you wave your fancy SABRmetrics around here!

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 2, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
Wait you created this post before the game vs Cleveland for the first place? JINX!

Everytime I see your avatar I think who is that kissing a dog and why is the dog wearing a green shirt

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 3, 2012 -> 04:59 AM)
Wait you created this post before the game vs Cleveland for the first place? JINX!

Well, at least we know they ain't gonna be in first place again until maybe next April.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost June and the 1/3rd of the season pole has nearly been passed...

That's traditionally been the barometer for measuring whether a team is in contention or not.

+36 runs scored/runs allowed differential.

Win #2 for Phil Humber, great comeback outing for him, had an especially crisp breaking curveball today...since the Seattle game in his second start of the year.

Edited by caulfield12

I would really, really, really, really - say, did I say "really" yet? - be interested in getting the reaction of that d-bag, so-called anonymous "scout" from back in the spring who got the media in a frenzy with his flimsy "ohhhhh, they just might lose 100 games" prediction. I should hope that genius never finds himself in the employ of our White Sox!

:gosox2: